Making an already awesome app even more awesome is not very easy, but (as always) we did an awesome job!
The first thing you will notice is the revamped look & feel—best described as “friendly power.” The entire transfer activity window has been redesigned from the ground up. It is as comprehensive as it can be and allows you to marvel at the new speeds with which the uploads and downloads are handled. Speaking of swiftness: Direct FTP now connects to S-Drive as well, which gives you unparalleled upload speeds compared to publishing via FTP. Tests have shown uploads to be 1.65 times as fast as using S-Drive versus traditional FTP, a 65% increase—holy crap, Batman!
If you're a fan of our HTML Editor or Direct FTP, or even if you use any other web editor (not really, right?) you can now upload your documents to S-Drive. You can even store and share your files using the nifty “copy URL” feature. Just paste it to an email or website and your friends and visitors will be able to download the file right then and there!
Uploading to S-Drive is fast, and it’s fun because we’ll continue to add boatloads of cool stuff. If you don’t have an account, you can get one right here. Pricing starts at $0.00 for now.
So how do you get started using Direct FTP with S-Drive? Simple!
1. Get your fully functional beta version of Direct FTP.
2. Inside Direct FTP, click the Servers Toolbar Icon, then click the S-Drive logo and enter your CoffeeCup Account credentials.
That’s it! You can now use Direct FTP to upload practically anything you like to your S-Drive account.
If you already have Direct FTP installed, you do not need to uninstall your current version. This beta version will install into its own folder. It’ll recognize your settings though, so no need to dig out those forgotten passwords...
Here is the overview of things that were added, improved, or updated:
New features and improvements:
- S-Drive Support (Yes to speed!)
- New Transfer Activity Window (Nice!)
- Easier server set up (Auto Passive mode)
- Improved UI (Icons, streamlined menus and dialogs)
- Smoother workflow (double-click file option to trigger transfers or open them)
- Cut, copy, and paste on right-mouse click (The full featured editor strikes again!)
- New Toolbar icons (Wow!)
- Overall stability and speed (and it’s getting ready for a bigger engine, too)
- Deleting local files now sends them to your Recycle Bin instead of permanently deleting them.
Enjoy the software and let us know what you think!