Direct FTP 6.5 problem - Post ID 7372

User 451891 Photo

22 posts

I'm running Vista 64 Bit ..... I uninstalled 6.2 which was working OK and restarted and installed 6.5 ... All went well ... When I started the program it displayed a notice that it had installed the servers from the previous version, this is good right? Well it did install 2 of the servers that I had set up in 6.2 and they connect okay, but I had 3 servers set up in 6.2 and now 6.5 will not let me set up the 3rd. one. I'm following the directions in the Help PDF which is almost exactly the way you set them up in 6.2. , but when I click "Okay" nothing happens and it doesn't show up in the "Servers" list. So I tried several more times to no avail and even tried the "connect" button instead of the "okay" button. Nothing works, what gives ????? Is there some way to save the servers after you set them up that I'm not seeing??
TheSeif
User 96903 Photo

70 posts

When I moved to 6.5 all my 3 servers were copied ok. Are you sure there is nothing wrong with your 3rd server? Are you sure you have the right user-id and password and so on for that server? Can you log on with old fashion FTP?
www.nkmoller.com
- You may help me once by doing something for me, you help me a multiple of times by teaching me how to do it myself.
User 451891 Photo

22 posts

Scot tells me (via email) that is I check the "passive " box it will work. I went back to 6.2 so I haven't tried it yet. ... Yes I was using the correct information and it does work okay in 6.2 .
TheSeif
User 237771 Photo

9 posts

Hi,
I had the same problem and an endless correspondence with the helpdesk to have it solved. I now found that probably the nickname can not be anything, as stated in the manual.
Every time, while innocently using the nickname "Camerata '54 Site", nothing happened, no connection, not holding it in the servers list.
Since the login data were absolutely correct I became suspicious about the nickname. After reducing it to just "Cam"
the problem was over. I hope this helps you.
User 451891 Photo

22 posts

Thanks J.somer .... As I posted earlier, Scot says all I have to do is check the "passive" box and I'm good to go. But I still haven't tried it, I went back to 6.2 and haven't switched back yet, lol. When I set up the accounts in 6.2 it automatically sets them up in the passive mode and I didn't notice or even think to try it in 6.5. I may have a little time later today to uninstall 6.2 and give 6.5 another try.
TheSeif
User 237771 Photo

9 posts

Just to be sure knowing exactly what we are talking about I quote from your original post:
>> Well it did install 2 of the servers that I had set up in 6.2 and they connect okay, but I had 3 servers set up in 6.2 and now 6.5 will not let me set up the 3rd. one.<<
In my case (WinXP Home) there were 4 servers installed in DFTP 6.2 of which only 3 were copied to 6.5 . The fourth one turned out to be impossible to enter in the MyServers window. And only now it turned out to be caused by the nickname that I was using: "Camerata '54 Site". Now, at last, I found that the apostrophe is the culprit. Leaving it out makes it all working OK, in my case.
Pity that the error takes place without any warning or error message. Conclusion: the nickname cannot be anything!

Jan Somer

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.