530 Access Denied - Post ID 156303

User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

Hello,

Currently using Free FTP and it has worked well enough until now. Recently I updated one of my pages by adding a button linking to my sitemap, but decided rather than upload through VSD (which takes forever being that it always wants to reupload my .flv video files) that I would simply upload the necessary files (button image, page html, etc.) using ftp. Everything seemed to work except that one of my pages of which I never even opened or made changes to suddenly wants to display the button image I created as a large background image behind the pages text wordreach.org/aboutwrm

Therefore, I opened up CC Free FTP, and began reuploading the IMG files in my site's files folder. Yahoo, my server, initiates the transfer, gets five to ten files uploaded then suddenly fails giving the 530 access denied for either wrong password and id, or too many concurrent connections.

1. I do wish that VSD would allow for page/file specification when uploading simple updates and not have to re-upload the entire site every time. And yes, I've heard the argument that it doesn't re-upload the entire site but only compares server files with site files and updates as needed--this isn't true, at least in my experience. Perhaps I'm missing something. For the sake of argument, maybe it does, but when it gets to my video .flv files, it's obvious that it takes just as long to check them as it would to simply just reupload them (50-70MB each); nearly an hour on 3Mbps DSL. Although I love the software, this is a downer when using VSD. Oddly, Yahoo's crappy SiteBuilder software allowed for this change-specifying feature for quick updates (you can choose to upload all files, or just those that had been changed). But of course it relies on tables and not images for its design as does VSD.

2. It would be much more efficient if when opening VSD and then making a change to a page or two if the software could somehow inform you of the IMG files that have been added or changed and now need uploading--especially if you want to do it through FTP. Kinda like the individual programs do i.e. CC Web Video, Flash, etc. This way, it wouldn't be necessary to upload the entire site each time through VSD to be sure that you didn't miss a newly added image file.

3. Then again, if I could get CC Free FTP to upload just my image file folder contents to my website server without the 530 error, I wouldn't be having this lengthy post.

4. Then again, all of this could be a result of user ignorance. I'm still a fan of CC VSD and CC's other programs and hope to become more knowledgable in using them. For now, I truly appreciate everyone's help on these forums.

Thanks in advance :)

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You should check out our FREE S-Drive service that is fully integrated into Visual Site Designer. With just a few steps, you can publish to our service and be amazed at how much faster it is. You will also find that with S-Drive, you will never have to upload those FLV files again.

1. First, you need to create your S-Drive Account

2. Go to Publish > CoffeeCup Account Settings and enter in your CoffeeCup account information

3. Go to Publish > Choose a Publishing Destination and select your S-Drive account

4. Click Publish

If you like what you see, you can even point your very own domain name over to your S-Drive account as well.

Enjoy!
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,193 posts

Matt, Have tried the Fire fox ftp add-on? :)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.