VisualSite Designer Release - Post ID...

User 120361 Photo

12 posts

I've searched through the forums and have gathered that there's a new version of VisualSite Designer expected soon ...

But what is 'soon' I wonder.

Does anybody have any ideas of when 'soon' is for the next release?

Thanks!
Kevin.
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

kkraljev@charter.net wrote:
I've searched through the forums and have gathered that there's a new version of VisualSite Designer expected soon ...

Thanks!
Kevin.

I believe it is still in beta testing to make sure all the new stuff is working properly - not sure of the date line release but it is getting close is pretty much I think anyone can tell you.

Kim :)

User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

kkraljev@charter.net wrote:

Thanks!
Kevin.

I would say soon means within the next day or hundred!!!!! Seriously, as Kim has said, is is in its final stages of testing and will be released as soon any issues that have arisen from the beta testing have been ironed out.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 157034 Photo

Ambassador
208 posts

I'm only relatively new to CC and I like the software but I think Web Calendar was perhaps rushed out in response to demand. As a consequence of this, there's a few glitches that probably should have been ironed out prior to its release.

As regards, VSD...the same applies... users want a new cup of coffee but the bean grower mustn't lower the bar just to satisfy demand! Fair enough, all software has bugs, new versions more than any other but there are always people out there ready to shoot you down if your offerings aren't up to scratch.

I say, CC should out the pot on when they're ready!
"Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Colin Woodcock wrote:
I'm only relatively new to CC and I like the software but I think Web Calendar was perhaps rushed out in response to demand. As a consequence of this, there's a few glitches that probably should have been ironed out prior to its release.

As regards, VSD...the same applies... users want a new cup of coffee but the bean grower mustn't lower the bar just to satisfy demand! Fair enough, all software has bugs, new versions more than any other but there are always people out there ready to shoot you down if your offerings aren't up to scratch.

CoffeeCup Calendar was tested in a different way than usual, which may have led to the programme being released with a few bugs. However, it must be noted that unlike other software companies, CC offer free future upgrades.

The latest Beta Version of VSD has been in testing for some time now, and I can promise you it has been, and still is, being well and truly put through it's paces. As and when issues have arrisen, these have been sorted. It would be fare to say that VSD Beta 5 will be up to scratch.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 12657 Photo

616 posts

Mark Searson wrote:
Colin Woodcock wrote:

CoffeeCup Calendar was tested in a different way than usual, which may have led to the programme being released with a few bugs. However, it must be noted that unlike other software companies, CC offer free future upgrades.

The latest Beta Version of VSD has been in testing for some time now, and I can promise you it has been, and still is, being well and truly put through it's paces. As and when issues have arrisen, these have been sorted. It would be fare to say that VSD Beta 5 will be up to scratch.

Mark

Hey Mark,
How's your ISP coming along? I'm waiting (patiently) VSD, I'm going to take your advice and give it a try. I got html disks I told you about, but haven't had much time to play with it since I reformatted my HD. I'm still trying to get all my programs and stuff back on. I'll say one thing for CC I had no problem getting all their software back, I'm still waiting for some of the (so-called)big boys to send me new download keys for programs I brought from them.
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Mustafa Abdullah wrote:
Hey Mark,
How's your ISP coming along? I'm waiting (patiently) VSD, I'm going to take your advice and give it a try. I got html disks I told you about, but haven't had much time to play with it since I reformatted my HD. I'm still trying to get all my programs and stuff back on. I'll say one thing for CC I had no problem getting all their software back, I'm still waiting for some of the (so-called)big boys to send me new download keys for programs I brought from them.

Mustafa, I am now back and running just as before. FOR NOW!!!

When I had to reformat my hard drive a short while back, I got myself an external hard drive to make a complete backup. It was great, a programme just copied the whole lot over and everything was just fine.

That is the trouble when you get something new like your disks. Finding the time to have a good play. But you are right in waiting till you have all your programmes loaded and you know everything is well.

I think you will find VSD to be a very easy to use and fun programme. It is one of those that allows you to spend much more time on the Visual side of things without having to worry about HTML and things like that; unless you want to that is!!!

So yes, when it comes out, go give it a go. I am sure that you will love the programme. I have.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 12657 Photo

616 posts

Mark Searson wrote:
Mustafa Abdullah wrote:
Hey Mark,

Mustafa, I am now back and running just as before. FOR NOW!!!

When I had to reformat my hard drive a short while back, I got myself an external hard drive to make a complete backup. It was great, a programme just copied the whole lot over and everything was just fine.

That is the trouble when you get something new like your disks. Finding the time to have a good play. But you are right in waiting till you have all your programmes loaded and you know everything is well.

I think you will find VSD to be a very easy to use and fun programme. It is one of those that allows you to spend much more time on the Visual side of things without having to worry about HTML and things like that; unless you want to that is!!!

So yes, when it comes out, go give it a go. I am sure that you will love the programme. I have.

Mark

Yeah Mark, I know what you mean unfortunately hindsite is 20/20. I have two ext. HD's and I usually back up my programs. I didn't do the reformat my self (wish I could), I took my machine to a service tech because we had a power outage while I was using it and when the power came back on it would only boot up in safe mode. After he checked out the machine he suggested a complete wipe (which if you remember I was wanting to do anyway) and I said ok, only I forgot I had just recently downloaded some new imaging programs and had not done a back up plus I had not backed up my e-mails, address book and bookmarks so I lost all that. The thing that irks me the most though is that when I brought the machine it came with XP Pro preinstalled but no OS disks so I now have XP home and it's not the same. Well, lesson learned.

Did you go over and take a look at that book Jayns made with the flip page template?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.