Suggestions for CoffeeCup Visual Site...

User 169413 Photo

17 posts

Did a search on "templates" and came up empty so here is my suggestion.....

Since most pages have a common header and footer format, having a template "page" for these would eliminate the tedious task of revising every page in your site when you make a change to those common elements.

Thank you for the opportunity to make this suggestion.

regards
John
User 2130925 Photo

261 posts

A lockdown feature on the page. so if you accidentally click on one or more areas, multiple things you spent hours lining up don't go awry ;)
User 12758 Photo

25 posts

Need help! On Tuesday of this week, March 2nd I posted these two items and maybe I posted them in the incorrect forum as I did not see any responses. I may not be navigating the forums properly so please forgive me. I would like to repost here and maybe this is more appropriate:

Auto Website...
Is this something CC has considered? It would be nice to have a control panel to allow the end user/owner to add/delete listings. Also would be nice to be able to add categories (pictures of course) to list auto's boats, ATV's, etc.

This may fit in with one of the posts I saw inquiring about a PHP Visual Site Designer. There are some PHP tools out there, but would prefer to stay with CC. Please share your thoughts.
Tuesday at 03:14 PM | Edit Post | Report Post | Quote Post

Kirk Garrett
4 posts
Online Now
Is an event manager on the radar? Need something to allow users to sign up for events and manage the number of slots available. Send a response to user's once they have registered and also be able to set the number of slots and and shutdown registration once the event has filled up. Please share your thoughts.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kirk
User 471162 Photo

1 post

OK here's my 2 cents... Would love to have a simple border tool. I did a search for this and seems everyone suggests to create another shape just bigger than you original and place behind as the border. While this kinda works (not as nice looking when you use rounded corners) its just so time consuming.

Please just add a simple border option in the effects tool.

And oh yea, everything Chad has in his wish list would be nice as well.

Thanks,
MC
User 471467 Photo

1 post

As a novice, I hope this doesn't sound too dumb. I was thinking about the re-sync of VSD while it was uploading all my photos from gallery. How hard would it be to have the photos upload into a folder with an inserted code that changes when the folder is accessed. Then, when you resync it would be able to check the code to see if there had been any changes and not have to reload the pictures again if no changes were made. The gallery could be linked to show the pictures from the folder rather than contain them inside the actual gallery. I know you are the pro so have probably already thought about this but thought it worth bringing up. Thanks for VSD. It makes my life so much easier.
User 2023106 Photo

7 posts

Have this issue were I like to add my meta tags after the fact, not to mention lots of the extra meta tags.....

Have found that this is not a good idea practice. If I edit the raw HTML files, it does not get picked up by the .vnu file, thus every time I work on the site to make changes inside of the Visual editor I have to then go back and re-edit all of the my HTML files with my changes.

Could the programmers make a raw editor inside of the visual editor, that would let me edit the header info for each page directly?

I have now gotten to the point were I keep an open notepad file where I list out each pages header with changes so I can cut and paste the header info right before upload.

waste of time....

and yes I know I can add the meta.keywords , and meta.description , but I like to do the following

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1">
<meta name="ProgId" content="Computer Service Solutions, Inc.">
<meta name="Generator" content="CoffeeCup HTML Editor 2009">
<meta name="Originator" content="CSS, Inc Copyright ©2009">
<meta name="Author" content="Armen Bodour, abodour@cssva.com">
<meta name="copyright" content=" © 2010">
<meta name="description" content="">
<meta name="keywords" content="">

See how nice an neat this is......

Another solution would be to make a comparison with the saved .html files and the .vnc file, then ask the user if they want to re-import edited files into the .vnu file, thus creating a new .vnu file if files in the original folder have been edited, thus it would keep my external changes! now that's the ticket!
Onsite & Depot-Computer, Laptop, & Network Repairs-Corporate & Individual-Virus Resolutions●Data Recovery●Broadband & Wireless Solutions●Network Security●Web Hosting & Design●Custom Built Systems● Since 1994
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

You could use the visual part of the html editor. I think that was its very purpose.:D
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

Armen Bodour wrote:
If I edit the raw HTML files, it does not get picked up by the .vnu file, thus every time I work on the site to make changes inside of the Visual editor I have to then go back and re-edit all of the my HTML files with my changes.

You can make these additions within VSD. It sort of already has a "raw editor". Use the menu Edit > Edit Header...

Then insert your meta tags there and they will be saved within the vnu file. Such edits are only applied to the current page.
User 478586 Photo

269 posts

Mark Chaney wrote:
OK here's my 2 cents... Would love to have a simple border tool. I did a search for this and seems everyone suggests to create another shape just bigger than you original and place behind as the border. While this kinda works (not as nice looking when you use rounded corners) its just so time consuming.

Please just add a simple border option in the effects tool.

And oh yea, everything Chad has in his wish list would be nice as well.

Thanks,
MC

Hi MC! I too would love a simple border tool. For now you can do this as stated by johnvanhulst:

johnvanhulst wrote:

You can add a border to any object, with any thickness, any color and any opacity. First select the object that you want to have a border for. Then click effect. Mark "shadow" there. Set the style to "both" and set the softness slider to zero. By varying the offset slider you can vary the thickness of the border (I never use more than 1 %). By varying the opacity slider the border gets more or less visible. I use this all the time! Look here for instance: http://www.deadrabbits.nl/CD.html The border on the objects on the right side of the page were made this way.

http://www.johnvanhulst.com

User 478586 Photo

269 posts

johnvanhulst wrote:
Hi YazolinoGirl,

You can add a border to any object, with any thickness, any color and any opacity. First select the object that you want to have a border for. Then click effect. Mark "shadow" there. Set the style to "both" and set the softness slider to zero. By varying the offset slider you can vary the thickness of the border (I never use more than 1 %). By varying the opacity slider the border gets more or less visible. I use this all the time! Look here for instance: http://www.deadrabbits.nl/CD.html The border on the objects on the right side of the page were made this way.

http://www.johnvanhulst.com

OMG! Thanks so much for this tip! I've been trying to figure out how to make borders around things. THANKS! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.