Post your website here! - Page 95 -...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

nice layout, clean as Eric already said and the colors are good for the most part. I would suggest changing the color of the emails under your portrait as it's hard to see that light grey color.

My only real question is .... why Watkins? hehe. Seriously though, Watkins has been around since the 1800's, hasn't anyone questioned why that product hasn't made it into mainstream stores after all this time? :P Wish you well with both the site and the products though, I've always liked Watkins, but in my area of Alabama (been here 16 years now) I haven't once seen anyone selling Watkins products anywhere at all, no friends selling it, no businesses, nothing. Kind of strange so I sure hope it works out for ya. :)
User 364016 Photo

6 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
nice layout, clean as Eric already said and the colors are good for the most part. I would suggest changing the color of the emails under your portrait as it's hard to see that light grey color.

My only real question is .... why Watkins? hehe. Seriously though, Watkins has been around since the 1800's, hasn't anyone questioned why that product hasn't made it into mainstream stores after all this time? :P Wish you well with both the site and the products though, I've always liked Watkins, but in my area of Alabama (been here 16 years now) I haven't once seen anyone selling Watkins products anywhere at all, no friends selling it, no businesses, nothing. Kind of strange so I sure hope it works out for ya. :)

Jo Ann / Eric / Gunsmoke - Thanks for the feed back, I changed the link colors and made some other minor cosmetic changes.

Jo Ann, Not sure about Alabama, but you actually do find Watkins in Walmart stores around the country, the Cracker Barrel carries some of the products too. Watkins was never meant to be in a mainstream store for the most part. It's always been a Direct Selling company helping people build relationships with people while they earn a nice living. Lots of people who really want to succeed in working for themselves have done quite well with the Watkins company.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Very nice on the changes Gene. Site looks great! Good luck to you. :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Much better on the links. You might want to replace the Summit at the bottom left, and the grey Watkins image at the bottom right as you can't really read the small print well at all, if at all on the Summit image. I'm not sure if VSD did that or if it was like that, but should have clearer images for those two. Looks much better now though good job!
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,090 posts

Chance Scherr wrote:
Those are some well designed sites Steven! Here is a pretty simple site i just finished up www.andreabmiller.com

Very nice Website Chance! Nice color scheme, nice layout, very well put together! Good Job!

One quick comment on the centre image background. I think everything would look great together if you rounded the corners on it.

I would have a couple suggestions that would enhance a visitors experience. You could put another site map at the bottom of the page. Sometimes its annoying to scroll back up to the top to navigate to another page especially if there is lots of content to read. I would also make the email address active at the bottom so when a visitor clicks on it will open to their default email client.

I love the scrolling reviews on the Home and Bio page.

But over all A+ design.

Steve

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 1861272 Photo

339 posts

Jo Ann wrote:

Hiya Tim,
Looks nice, am wondering why you didn't opt to do a full blown online shop, but I'm sure you have your reasons for that as I don't know much on the artifact scene and how that's usually handled.
The links in the footer look atrocious compared to the rest of the site.

Anyways, definitely change the colors on those links to match the rest of your site and make the visited setting either go away completely, or the same color for all pages and you'll be good to go. Nice job!

JoAnn-

Thanks for the input. Yes, the links do need to be a different color. I left the setting to default I believe. Have to look at it next update I do on it. (my only excuse is I'm colorblind!)
We didn't do a full shop because these are items that just don't sell online. It is high priced artwork and the main reason to do a site was just to show what he has. I know before I spent a few thousand bucks on a piece of art I would want to see it in person.

Gunsmoke-
Yea, being a poor man I have to find as many free programs as I can. I do like the WFB CoffeeCup has, but again, the price. And now Flash Menu Builder has been replaced/upgraded. Another program I need to buy!
On top of that I just upgraded my computer and Uncle Bill won't let me to use my old Operating System, as much as it's a full version with a good COA. More dollars to spend.
Why can't everyone be as nice as CoffeeCup and give free lifetime updates?
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Yea, being a poor man I have to find as many free programs as I can.

Drop by my web site and shoot me an email. I'll let you know where you can find some pretty good freebies! :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2592269 Photo

14 posts

Eric Rohloff wrote:
I think the navigation buttons on the allmovingservices should be placed in a css drop down menu.
example:
Home Services USA
Home Services NOVA
Home Services DSMD
to this in a css dropdown.
Home Services
********USA
********NOVA
********DSMD
The Why People move is a little hard to read and seems very long. I see your using alphabet. Same thing here have a drop down with the letter and then all the ones with that letter under that.
Buysellbell looks pretty good. It's a little cleaner. I think for today's users you need lots of content but it needs to be on more pages for mobile navigation and quick screening. If they get lost in 5 seconds you've lost them.:)
db
User 2592269 Photo

14 posts

Thanks Eric and Inger:

That worked out well I think. www.AllMovingServices.Net
The menu to the left isnt really a menu as much as a memory jogger and help for folks in transition. ie. when my Mom passed I thought it might be nice to have a link to the folks that helped me out during the funeral.. it's things like that I hope will help people out when they have a lot on thier minds.
db
User 1861272 Photo

339 posts

Jo Ann wrote:

Hiya Tim,

The links in the footer look atrocious compared to the rest of the site.

JoAnn-
I found out that changing link colors is going to be a big task. If the link colors are changed after the site is built, when you hit Apply to all Pages the page size is also changed on every page. With 50+ pages I'll have to go back to each page and figure out the page length. Unless anyone knows a way around this??!!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.