Post your website here! - Post ID 136854

User 627461 Photo

36 posts

Thanks! Are you talking about the flash player? On the home page?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yep that would be the one, the photo gallery
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

William. From what I can see your header banner image should be optimized as it is rather large and slow in downloading. Try to get that to a jpeg of no more than about 80 or 90 KB.
User 426793 Photo

1 post

wordsbyhaught.com This is my business website and a first attempt. I'm still having problems getting my email address to be a usable clickable link. It either comes up really light or not as a link.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya dianna,

Nice site, sweet and simple and I'm going to guess that you figured out the email situation as it's working just nice on Firefox current version and Internet Explorer 8 current build. Shows up in a maroonish colored box with white writing and is a link to the mailto setup. I do notice your Fiber Geek page is a bit distorted on the Menu area and is not really in the same context of the rest of your site which I'm thinking maybe you haven't finished on that one yet, if not then I thought I'd let you know it doesn't really fit with the rest of your site and the menu is messed up.

Other than that it's pleasing to the eye, easy to read, I like it, nice job :)
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Diana. There is no home button from the Fiber Geek page. If I were to say anything, I think you need to give the site a little more continuity... the page widths look as if they differ a bit, and some are placed less centrally than others. It would be nice to see the navigation system the same on all pages so as not to confuse your users... and that should definitely include a way to get back to the home page on each of them.

I like your graphics... very appropriate though a little slow loading. Would it not be possible to just keep the framework of graphics without the semi-transparent area in the centre? Just keep that for your copy. That might speed things up a bit.
User 1861272 Photo

339 posts

William Allen wrote:
williamallendesigns.com

This is a pretty basic site and I realize I have some inconsistencies, I started updating basic page layout to a new format half way through, but I am certainly interested in whatever suggestions you all may have as this is my first shot at a website.

Nice site William. My first comment is the wording, black on the green background is a bit tough to read. You might want to consider placing a white box shape under the text, especially on the About Me page.
As far as the Photo Gallery on the home page I would just do a collage of your different work and use a .jpg pic there. Add your slide show on a different page.
Finally name your home page with your business name. Right now it shows as "Home".
Tim
User 1861272 Photo

339 posts

Dianna Haught wrote:
wordsbyhaught.com This is my business website and a first attempt. I'm still having problems getting my email address to be a usable clickable link. It either comes up really light or not as a link.

I have to agree with janys, the links are not on every page and the page sizes are different. I also note that some of the pages end and there is lots of space under the last text. Page length can be set by right clicking on a page in VSD and selecting Page Properties. Other than that I like the background, it's very novel and fits well with your service.
User 1731328 Photo

6 posts

Okay, here's my first finished "work in progress" for my little side business. I keep tweaking images etc as I go, but wanted something pretty simple and easy to navigate. I still need to add sitemapper. In the meantime I'm redesigning my day job company's website. Hoping to have it done by 10/1. Anyway, would love feedback!

http://www.ktskreationsandkrafts.com/index.html
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Kate,

Nice site, very pleasing to the eye and some interesting creations you make also. Well done, I didn't see anything that stood out as needing much work so you're doing pretty good for your first work. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.