FTP not working? - Post ID 295255

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Hi, I'm using DFTP almost daily without problems The only thing I could think of suggesting would be first close DFTP, then go into the the 'roaming' folder (c:\\users\your username\app_data\roaming and find the file SharedSettings.ccs. Delete that file, then try to start up DFTP again. If it works, it may be something wrong with the settings. If you go back into the roaming folder, you will see that a new SharedSettings file has been generated.

Mind you, when deleting the SharedSettings file you will lose any server settings you may have. If I have trouble, I sometimes just remove it (drag it to the desktop), so that I can put it back when everything is ok.

If this doesn't help, you'd better contact the CC support.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2273654 Photo

754 posts

Try right clicking the icon then select properties, then see if you can make any changes that help under the Compatibility tab. Such as run this program in comparability mode for windows 10, and tick the box.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 16848 Photo

Ambassador
18 posts

There is no compatibility for Win 10 . latest is Win8 and I use that - no avail .. Thank you Inger, I will try that to see if it fixes my problem. I love DFTP - do most of coding and editing right on site.
User 16848 Photo

Ambassador
18 posts

Nothing for the shared Inger. Very baffling. Filezilla works fine but I am spoiled with DFTP and just wanting it to work. Thanks all for the suggestions.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

It might be worth checking that security software (antivirus etc.) isn't shutting DFTP down. Most such software regularly updates, and may need resetting to allow DFTP to run.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.