Just Can't Get Into It - Post ID 277935

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Much as I have tried I just cannot get into this one,, I understand the principle just don't know how to begin. Will stick to good old RSD & FF framework
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2815606 Photo

55 posts

Hi Wayan,

With you on this one.

I'm having trouble getting to grips with the concept that the grid doesn't actually do anything in itself other than allow you to specify where the elements that it contains will be placed.

It is a great concept that allows more 'flexibility' than flexbox. I am, however, still waiting to see if all the major browsers, including, those for mobile devices, fully support CSS grid before I get into it in a big way.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

David Dashwood wrote:
Hi Wayan,

With you on this one.

I'm having trouble getting to grips with the concept that the grid doesn't actually do anything in itself other than allow you to specify where the elements that it contains will be placed.

It is a great concept that allows more 'flexibility' than flexbox. I am, however, still waiting to see if all the major browsers, including, those for mobile devices, fully support CSS grid before I get into it in a big way.

This piece of a statement I got in an e-mail the other day is worrying me too

'Grid' will replace our current responsive layout framework'.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 283347 Photo

388 posts

I agree...that is a worrisome statement...I have not looked at this app, but it appears it si not very helpful...the last thing we need is to be forced to use it

MJ
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I believe the quotation comes from here. The context suggested to me that the statement referred to the changing of the CoffeeCup home page, the process of which the CoffeeCup team were documenting. Unfortunately the use of bold type for the words quoted (which were only part of a sentence) does lead the eye to miss the context.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

The quotation that Wayan posted must concern the CC website, not flexbox or foundation and all the other frame sets. Nobody will be able to force me into something that I still haven't come to grips with.

I also guess that CC will listen to their customers and not make popular systems or programmes die away.

Have to say though, that I haven't made my hands dirty with it yet, too many private commitments and problems for a while. That is also the reason why I haven't been here in this forum for a while.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 108671 Photo

4 posts

I just cannot seem to get started with it. The writeup is simply not clear enough on how to get the coding starting
User 2624719 Photo

265 posts

Hi Don
We are all in the dark about CSS at the moment but as you know it is all coming thats what beta is, patience is a virtue but i feel your frustration

Regards Adrian

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.