Which coffee cup package?? - Post ID...

User 2179154 Photo

1 post

Hi folks

Brand new to web site development - first pet project is for daughters Art Site - looked at your packages and I'm a bit confused as to which to select. I wish to develop website however many will need the shopping cart function as well however I note you sell this separately and it designs shopping cart site?? I want stylish sites with the eCommerce functionality as well - are these 2 separate apps?? Many thx for any advice.

Cheers

DTB
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya DTB,

The Shopping Cart Creators (both Basic and Pro) create an entire site not just the eCommerce part of a site. It allows you to create extra pages within it to accommodate most things you'd need, and you can easily link the shop to external site pages that you create elsewhere by using the menus and the setup of the shop by linking it to the home page of an external home page. It's very versatile in that respect, but it is a complete site on it's own also.

The Shopping Cart Designer allows you to alter the themes for the cart software and design it how you want it to look as far as theming and asthetics of the site.

If you're needing eCommerce I would suggest both the Creator and the Designer Pro for the Shopping Cart software. This gives you the maximum abilities and design capabilities and saves a bit of cash if you find out the basic doesn't quite cut it as you won't have to purchase both this way. The Pro version can design a simple cart as well as a Pro style cart so you pretty much have both versions in one this way. There is no upgrade package price to upgrade from the basic to the pro versions, so it's worth getting the Pro versions first off.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else you want to know about. If you're looking for editing software for the site pages themselves (pages done outside of the shopping cart systems) then you just need to decide if you are working with the HTML code or if you want it to be a visual editing setup.
For visual setups I would highly suggest the Visual Site Designer and for the code setups CC has the HTML Editor. Both are very good, but the VSD is much better for visual designing than using the HTML Editor's visual editing setup. Although the HTML Editor is capable of doing a good amount of visual editing, it's unable to accommodate "both" the visual and code editing at the same time on the same pages so you need to choose one or the other. Visual Site Designer is a much more capable setup for visual editing with a lot more features than the HTML Editor's visual editing tab has.

Let us know what else you need information on and we'll see what we can do :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.