What website software do non...

User 2181989 Photo

9 posts

I have figured out how to upload if i makd an HTML change now except if there is an image it won't upload...

I keep watching the tutorials and reading the help but i must be doing something wrong.
I want to change the image on http://www.callsierra.com/ElectronicSecurity/AccessControl/

but so far nothing works... i can preview it and see the changes but no upload with changes.
can anyone help?

Thanks
Majick
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Majick,

You need to upload everything yourself via either the HTML Editor in the files tree by right clicking the file (or multiple files by using ctrl + left click to highlight multiple files) and choosing to upload to the server in that menu, or by using an external FTP program such as Direct FTP by CoffeeCup. When using the HTML Editor, files are not automatically uploaded like when using other programs by CC, it's more of a manual thing.

You can set up the settings so that it includes dependencies etc. I haven't played around with much of that setting though as I tend to want to do things myself rather than having the program include things so I know exactly what's uploading. But I'm pretty sure it can be setup to do so if you need that.

Otherwise you just need to be sure you upload the images that you are trying to have show on the pages and make sure the paths to those images are correct when you do so (not pointing to your local drive).

Let us know if that helps at all or if you are meaning something different as the issue.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.