Web Form Builder - Form Settings -...

User 2152822 Photo

6 posts

Hi All,
I am starting to use the Web Form Builder and I would like to read in detail how to populate the Form Settings Correctly...

I have already read the Form Builde Help Document but I do not find information about how to populate the Form Settings (Database, Server Address, Port, Username, etc... ) to "Save Results to MySQL".

Thanks ! :)

El Vasco
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

See page 30 of the help file.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2152822 Photo

6 posts

Hi Tom,
Thanks a Lot for your response!

First of all I have to tell you that I am just starting on this business so I may ask silly questions... :(
I've just read page 30 and I think I have already set up my db (even when I do not understand the Movable Type concept completely...)

I have already worked wiht my db using Coffe Cup HTML Editor and it gets connected with the statement: @$db=new mysqli('bobautoparts.db.6945342.hostedresource.com','bobautoparts','mypassword','bobautoparts');

Anyway, when I try to use the Web Form Builder and I capture the information in the Form Setting Tab, in the following way:
Database Name: bobautoparts,
Server Address: bobautoparts.db.6945342.hostedresource.com,
Port: 21,
Username: bobautoparts,
Password: mypassword,
Table Name: the name of the table,

Then when I run the Form in the Website and click Submitt, I get the Errror Message:
Unable to Connect to Database Server.
We're sorry but we were unable to connect to your database server. Please be sure you have entered your database settings correctly.

Hopefully you can give me a hint about what is wrong... :)

Thanks !
El Vasco
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I'm guessing it's probably the FTP port connection (21). Try port 3306.

Godaddy support would be able to sort this out for you.
User 2152822 Photo

6 posts

Hey Tom, you are a Master ! Port 3306 worked out :)

I wonder why in the some cases Port 21 works and in the other case Port 3306 is the one to choose....

Anyway it had a strange behavior... When I submitted the Form, MySQL db, backed-up my "existing table" content in a table named "existing table_old"; created a new table with the same name and added the content submitted by the Form in the new table... As you adviced me, I will contact GoDaddy to see if they can give me a hint on this...

Thanks !
El Vasco
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Glad ya got it sorted.
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

El Vasco wrote:
Hey Tom, you are a Master ! Port 3306 worked out :)

Anyway it had a strange behavior... When I submitted the Form, MySQL db, backed-up my "existing table" content in a table named "existing table_old"; created a new table with the same name and added the content submitted by the Form in the new table... As you adviced me, I will contact GoDaddy to see if they can give me a hint on this...

Thanks !
El Vasco

Don't worry about the "existing table_old" being created, that is how Formbuilder works.
Jim
---------------------------

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.