Web Form Builder #3 - Post ID 253720

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You have 2 options here:

1. Use S-Drive. If you do, then you must PUBLISH to S-Drive using Form Builder. You then add that code to VSD. On S-Drive you get 1 form for free. You must upgrade to a paid plan if you want more forms.

2. Use your own server. There are no limits. You export and upload the form to your server and then add the code to VSD.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2782309 Photo

16 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
You have 2 options here:

1. Use S-Drive. If you do, then you must PUBLISH to S-Drive using Form Builder. You then add that code to VSD. On S-Drive you get 1 form for free. You must upgrade to a paid plan if you want more forms.

2. Use your own server. There are no limits. You export and upload the form to your server and then add the code to VSD.

Using Option #2, I put the form to my server and add the html code to VSD, but when I publish my site, it still pops up with the SDRIVE photo saying they can't find it. Am I doing something wrong?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

That means you did not follow the correct steps. If you get the OOPS message, that means you have the markup of a form published to S-Drive. You need to follow the steps in this article. Scroll down to "Adding Your Form When Exporting with a Manual Server Setup".

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … d-website/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2782309 Photo

16 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
That means you did not follow the correct steps. If you get the OOPS message, that means you have the markup of a form published to S-Drive. You need to follow the steps in this article. Scroll down to "Adding Your Form When Exporting with a Manual Server Setup".

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … d-website/

thanks for helping scott..unfortunately i still can't get it to work. but i will keep trying and post here if i still have questions.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The markup you added to VSD is wrong. This is what you have:

<script type="text/javascript">document.write(unescape("%3Ciframe id=\"fb_iframe\" src=\"productinquiryform2.php" + window.location.search + "\" width=\"970\" height=\"793\"allowtransparency=\"true\" scrolling=\"no\" frameborder=\"0\"%3E&lt;a href=\"productinquiryform2.php\" title=\"productinquiryform2\"&gt;Check out my CoffeeCup Form&lt;/a&gt;%3C/iframe%3E"));</script>
<noscript>
<iframe width="970" height="793" style="border:none; background:transparent; overflow:hidden;"
id="fb_iframe" src="productinquiryform2/productinquiryform2.html">
<a href="productinquiryform2.php" title="productinquiryform2">Check out my CoffeeCup Form</a>
</iframe>
</noscript>

You cannot use that markup if you want your form on S-Drive. That markup is for when a form is hosted on your server.

User 2782309 Photo

16 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
The markup you added to VSD is wrong. This is what you have:

<script type="text/javascript">document.write(unescape("%3Ciframe id=\"fb_iframe\" src=\"productinquiryform2.php" + window.location.search + "\" width=\"970\" height=\"793\"allowtransparency=\"true\" scrolling=\"no\" frameborder=\"0\"%3E&lt;a href=\"productinquiryform2.php\" title=\"productinquiryform2\"&gt;Check out my CoffeeCup Form&lt;/a&gt;%3C/iframe%3E"));</script>
<noscript>
<iframe width="970" height="793" style="border:none; background:transparent; overflow:hidden;"
id="fb_iframe" src="productinquiryform2/productinquiryform2.html">
<a href="productinquiryform2.php" title="productinquiryform2">Check out my CoffeeCup Form</a>
</iframe>
</noscript>

You cannot use that markup if you want your form on S-Drive. That markup is for when a form is hosted on your server.

I need my form to be hosted on my server because I already have a form in S-Drive. Since it only allows me 1 form, I can't add any more on S-Drive. Is that correct?

So, I have to figure out how to upload my form through my server, copy the code into VSD, and then Publish. Is that correct?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I need my form to be hosted on my server because I already have a form in S-Drive. Since it only allows me 1 form, I can't add any more on S-Drive. Is that correct?

Refer to my post here:
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/welcome … post253720

So, I have to figure out how to upload my form through my server, copy the code into VSD, and then Publish. Is that correct?

That information on how to do that was posted in my earlier response.

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/welcome … post253710
User 2782309 Photo

16 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

Refer to my post here:
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/welcome … post253720

That information on how to do that was posted in my earlier response.

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/welcome … post253710

Right, but it's still not working, so the somewhere along uploading it to my server and publishing I made a mistake. That's what I'm trying to figure out.
User 2782309 Photo

16 posts

I upload the files onto my server, not S-Drive. Put in the code into VSD, Published it, but it still doesn't show. I still get the S-Drive message.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Leong Ling wrote:
I upload the files onto my server, not S-Drive. Put in the code into VSD, Published it, but it still doesn't show. I still get the S-Drive message.

That means you didn't follow the steps. ;)

Start over from the beginning and follow the steps exactly as they are shown.

This site here http://elt.coffeecup.com/ProductInquiryForm.html is on S-Drive. (see the coffeecup.com domain). You cannot upload a form to this server. You have to publish your form because it is S-Drive. Since you already have 1 form, you cannot have another unless you upgrade.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.