VSD trial version will not open -...

User 2203849 Photo

6 posts

Ok, thanks for the assistance. Now VSD works fine with DPI set to 96. The next problem is an error message stating "could not create a temporary catalog on you machine" when I want to preview a page / site. Please advise.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

htvelden wrote:
Ok, thanks for the assistance. Now VSD works fine with DPI set to 96. The next problem is an error message stating "could not create a temporary catalog on you machine" when I want to preview a page / site. Please advise.

Sounds like a problem with the VNU file. Can you create a new website based on a theme and save it or does this happen for anything you create in VSD?

Alternatively you can try this:

Step 1: Open your Window
Step 2: Throw the computer out of the Window.
Step 3: Have a beer.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2203849 Photo

6 posts

Problem is solved by just booting again. Thanks for the assistance. I like the way VSD works anyhow :-)
User 2248495 Photo

Trial User
1 post

Seems as though I've figured everything out but the " Control Panel" option.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

Alternatively you can try this:
Step 1: Open your Window
Step 2: Throw the computer out of the Window.
Step 3: Have a beer.

I know somone who actually did exactly that. It helped - in that he got some positive strokes back...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Inger - I've done that before, only we chunked it out of an airplane from a few thousand feet. I also chunked a cell phone out of one at 10,000 feet above the ground. Very satisfying way to get the TechnoAnger under control :D
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Phil wrote:
Inger - I've done that before, only we chunked it out of an airplane from a few thousand feet. I also chunked a cell phone out of one at 10,000 feet above the ground. Very satisfying way to get the TechnoAnger under control :D

My sympathy goes to the poor soul who was standing underneath...
:rolleyes:
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Janys Hyde wrote:
My sympathy goes to the poor soul who was standing underneath...

Always done in a desolate area, with passes made at low altitudes for safety (by a second plane). Never did find the bits to the phone, but the computer left quite an impression :D
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

And here we are worrying ourselves over meteorites!!! It's the passing planes we should watch out for
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

That's OK, I always shoot back. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.