VSD & CC Website Font Issue - Post ID...

User 2384285 Photo

7 posts

Hi Everyone!

I've been helping my Aunt with her website and have been using VSD. I know some code but not a lot, although I would like to learn more. Waiting to get a second monitor for my laptop as I'm visually impaired in one eye and need to enlarge the work area (less eye strain!).

So far I really like VSD but I'm having trouble formatting the size and font style for text in VSD. Purchased CC Website Font to be able to customize text. I was able to import 1 font and save an xml file to my computer. However, I do not know where to paste the HTML code from Website Font into VSD? I know that you can easily format text in HTML editor, but am confused by VSD.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated here! I'm hoping that I don't have to re-do the website in HTML editor....if so, that's okay.

You guys are great,

Beth :)
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,199 posts

I think you can use the add flash tool on the left hand panel. Click on the tool then browse for the xml file generated by the Website Font.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Eric is correct, save the web font to a folder inside your VSD project, so you know where it is for use now and in future, and open the flash tool to look for it and import into VSD

However, cant understand why you need webfont program when you can use any font on your pc in vsd, then select OBJECT and select ADVANCED TEXT , now you can use the EFECTS tool, OR STYLES tool, or BUTTONISER tool, to modify your font in 100's of different ways, dragging bigger smaller, taller wider.

Its actually quite good fun seeing what you can create the STYLES tool especially does some crazy things to fonts.
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2384285 Photo

7 posts

Viv,

How do I choose what font on my computer I want to use from within VSD? I'm not sure how to do this? Thanks for the tips with the Objects, Advanced Text, Buttoniser and Styles, etc. Still a "newbie" at this but have a lot of fun!

Beth
User 2384285 Photo

7 posts

I was able to figure out how to use the OBJECTS, ADVACNED TEXT, BUTTONISER and STYLES tool. Even noticed that I can make my own buttons....always wanted to know how to do that! :D

One quick question, is there an easy way to use the grid or horiz/vertical line tools to make sure the text I put in the center of my page is actually centered? Under the "objects" menu on the toolbar there is the option to "center between guides" but not sure if this is it?

Thanks again!

Beth
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Click on the big T for text, opens text box, then select object, and theres a properties box with dropdown to select your fonts

At the bottom of your screen there is X and y numbers for centering or aligning objects, text etc

If you go to view top left, theres a window with vertical guide, horizontal guide, and a grid with three options, have a play with that.
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.