Visual Site Designer - only 1 day...

User 2230111 Photo

2 posts

I downloaded the VSD a few days ago to trial the software. The trial appears only to last 1 day, once midnight ticks over the software will no longer open.

Reinstalled a couple of times - effect is repeated - program closes and opens up on first day without problem, but next day! - No.

Also have HTML editor on trial which is working fine.

Operatings system Windows 7 Home premium - SP 1

Any ideas?

Alan
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya cambrianblue,

Have you tried setting the shortcut's Compatibility to "Run as Administrator" yet? That's usually the fix that takes care of most issues with running in Windows Vista or 7

To do this, go to the shortcut that you use to load the program and right click it.
On the menu that opens choose Properties at the bottom
On that next window choose the Compatibility tab
At the bottom of that tab you should see a check box for "Run as Administrator", check that box, say ok and restart the program and see if that fixes your issue and let us know :)
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Yep, be willing to bet that Jo Ann's right on the money with this one... AND when you decide to buy, you MAY have to do this all over again. It's a fairly common problem with Windows, some are affected, some aren't. Doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason. We've been seeing it with both 32 & 64 bit OS's, all releases of Win 7, and it isn't a problem for everyone... I'd be interested to see if it affects preloaded (big box) systems more than custom builts, or vice versa, but it'll be hard to track who is and isn't being hit with it (I'd asked once, waaaaaay back when...)
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2230111 Photo

2 posts

OK that's fixed it. :D

Thanks for your quick response and help.

Alan
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You're quite welcome, enjoy and hollar if you need anything else :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.