very new at this....altering existing...

User 2283991 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Hi,
We are small business owners and we hired a local company to create us a website. While we are happy with it overall, it has proven too costly to have them update/make changes to our site. So, we'd like to take over the maintenance ourselves. I am trying to figure out which design software is the best choice for us. It seems most products I've looked at are more geared to creating a new site, but I am looking for whatever is best for maintaining and updating our existing site. What info do I need from our site designer to know if Coffee Cup will be compatible with the site they already created for us? I appreciate any help as I am completely new to this. Thanks!

If it matters, our site is texaspondmanagement.com
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,456 posts

The HTML Editor is the only option if you want to just maintain and update what is there already. With Visual Site Designer you would have had to start over from scratch.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2283991 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible to sort of copy and paste from the old into a new one if we used the Visual Site Designer? Ours is ok, but could certainly be improved aesthetically. If I do have to just use the HTML Editor, is it pretty newbie-friendly? Trying not to get in over my head here. Thanks!
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

For Visual Site Designer, you can copy/paste the text. You can also copy then save photos to be inserted into VSD. Both the HTML Editor and VSD have templates available if you don't want to start from a complete blank. VSD does make it very easy to build a site, and you can try out different colors and layouts with just a few clicks to change things.

You should download the free trials and see what works better for you - take them both for a test run ;)
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.