Trying out forms builder - Post ID...

User 2133883 Photo

2 posts

I'm building a website using visual site designer, and all is going well. I am also trying to incorporate a sign-up sheet using forms builder. In essence, I want site visitors to be able to sign up for an event (say a golf outing with 40 slots) and to see everyone who has signed up. So a visitor would see (for example) the 15 people that had signed up and then sign up for one of the 25 remaining open slots. Is forms builder the right program for this? Any guidance as to how to proceed?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Van,

Sounds like you need a couple different programs for your system. First of course would be the Form Builder so that you can get the info from the people that want to sign up, and second the Web Calendar program to be able to take those names that signed up and enter them on the calendar. Or you could just create a small area on the page of that particular event that shows all the people signed up which would just be something you do in VSD. If you run lots of events, the Web Calendar might be handy to be able to post the dates and times and such of all the things you have going on and then a link or page to each of those events for people to check them out etc.

Hollar if you need more info and I'm sure we can help ya get started with most anything CoffeeCup :)
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

In theory you could use the Form Builder to build a Sign-up-Sheet but it would take a few steps to do, there is a down side to it, you would have to check when you reach the 40 user mark and then disable the form.

If you set the form to save the submitted info to a MySQL database, which you would have to setup first by creating a blank one, you will need the database name, database user name and user password, form builder will create the fields after the first submission.

You could then set the form to go to a custom page after submitting and on that page you could add a small bit of php code that would pull the previous submitted info from the database.

There is n example php file that comes with Form Builder that you can upload to your server, and when it is run from the browser address bar it will display any info so far submitted.

This is only a brief description on how to do it as you would have to go through the form settings one by one. The best way to add the form to VSD is by using the Add Flash Object tool.
Jim
---------------------------
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

Have a look at this:-

http://www.coffeecuphelp.com/results.php

It is a very simple way to show selective submitted data within a web page.

Also you will get the submitted dat by email.

Note:-

This is only a quick example so I have not spent much time on it, it could be made a lot better.
Jim
---------------------------

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.