Stopping CoffeeCup from creating a...

User 2151575 Photo

Trial User
3 posts

Could anyone tell me how to stop CoffeeCup from doing this? I would like to keep CC and all of the related files somewhere else. Thanks - Lee
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

The CC folder in your Documents is for holding your work that you are doing in the various CC applications, any templates or extras you may have bought and installed. Earlier all this was stored in the CoffeeCup folder among all the programme files, and every time we wanted to make a backup of user files, we had to remember to include them. Now backups are much easier in that you just back up the folder with your user name, then you have everything there.

I'm not sure if you are able to prevent that CC folder to be created. Anyway, you would have to ask CC support about that. You can move the folder to some other location if you insist, but it would be a hassle every time you update a programme, because the folder will be recreated. Most people are actually happy that we now have the user files inside the Documents folder by default.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We install things to that location because it is one of only a few locations a non administrator would have read/write permissions to strore data. Writing to the Program Files folder will not work any longer in later versions on Windows.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I like to have all my working files in My Docs. It makes for easy backups.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2151575 Photo

Trial User
3 posts

Thanks guys! I tried moving the CC folder to another folder inside of My Documents (that holds info from other programs). The folder stayed in place, but restarting CC caused it to recreate the original folder all over again in the root for My Documents. I like to keep MD a little cleaner, but such is life. I appreciate your help.
- Lee
User 2903766 Photo

1 post

Yes, I don't care for the automatic folder creation either as I structure my folders/files differently. There really should be a check box to give you the option. Forcing folder structure is a bit presumptuous and if you think about it, is the opposite of customization, which is what CoffeeCup is all about. Hmmmm....
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I don't know if there has been any changes as to where a non-admin user has access, but the CC programmes have to play within the rules and limitations of the operative systems they are installed in. In his about 9 years old post Scott was referring to non admins in Windows, not in any CC programme.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2911432 Photo

1 post

nice

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.