Saving a page - Post ID 163200

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Yariana wrote:
Guess I should have checked the reviews on this product before wasting all this time. They are terrible reviews. You guys really should offer better support and fix this thing. It throws files everywhere! Too bad, it is really cool...if it worked right.

What exactly is broken Yariana? Your post is pretty vague on what you are having problems with. Just tell is what the issue is, and we will help.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I'd love to see where those bad reviews are too. Support is top notch at CC so if you didn't ask for support (that would be via the ticketing system not in here on the "user" forums) then it's hard to see how you have any way of judging the support here.

These are user forums, not the place to ask the CC devs for support. And as Scott said, your post was pretty vague. I would bet that the issues were user error not software error for the most part. There are a ton of articles here on the cc site (go to menu and mouse over support, click the last choice for a very easy to navigate setup for support articles for any cc software you want to find info on). Truly the support here is only as good as the user that is asking for it. In other words, if you don't ask your questions correctly, you don't get the right answers, and if you come to the user forums expecting support from the devs, that's the other problem. Support from devs is via the ticketing system which is how most software companies do their support so that shouldn't be a new thing to you or anyone else really.

This program btw, doesn't create HTML on your computer (unless you save it to do so), it saves a .vnu file that stores all your site settings and pages in it. The HTML comes when you upload it. It's a visual editor not an HTML editor and it does the job very nicely when done correctly.
User 2240845 Photo

Trial User
5 posts

It isn't vaque at all. I explained step by step what this program is doing. I even explained that I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. It either makes the vnu page with no html page in the website folder. Or it makes the html file in the website folder but no vnu page. When I do a search for either, my computer search response is there is no such folder. How can that be. I saved the thing so where did it go. Apparently I am not the only one with this problem.. It is talked about in review forums all over the web.

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The HTML files ARE automatically generated in a folder named the same name as your VNU but inside of a folder called _website. In that folder you will locate not only the HTML files but all files needed to run your website.

Trust me, I use this software daily, and it is impossible to save a website in VSD without those files being generated.;)

I would suggest you also press F1 inside the software to learn more about the software .
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,193 posts

Susan 'Yarina' Green wrote:
It isn't vaque at all. I explained step by step what this program is doing. I even explained that I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. It either makes the vnu page with no html page in the website folder. Or it makes the html file in the website folder but no vnu page. When I do a search for either, my computer search response is there is no such folder. How can that be. I saved the thing so where did it go. Apparently I am not the only one with this problem.. It is talked about in review forums all over the web.

I'm a firm believer in vsd and would also like to see a link to all these reviews your writing about. Were all here to help so give the program a chance and I'm sure we can correct user errors.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.