RSD V Current 4 App Offer - Post ID...

User 2276240 Photo

194 posts

I have both the RSD and the RB. I have not used either as of yet as I have always done my own HTML coding, and to be honest these look a lot more complicated the simple HTML. I received an email today offering four application, Bootstrap, Foundation, Materialize and Vanilla. Can you tell me what the advantages are to these four bundled and are the needed as a complete package for design or is each a stand alone/ helper app?

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

I haven't got the same offer as you mention - at least not yet, but my guess is, that it will be the new SD, as you can build sites using any of those frameworks with it.
If you have built sites like the one in your signature, you will have some way to go to modernize it. The site looks ok, but it is not responsive, which is a must in today's web design. First you will have to learn how to responsify a site, and then, in most cases, you need to start with a mobile phone sized layout and develop it into a wide screen design.
Of course this can be done with the responsive programmes you already have. It's a pity you haven't started using them earlier.
But if you want to jump right into the 'future', then cut your losses with RSD and RBB and get hold of SD. You have to decide which of the 4 frameworks you want to use, and if you want to keep building wide sites first and then make them narrower for smaller screens, you could choose Vanilla. On the other hand, Foundation is the most popular framework, it seems, so you are likely to get more help if you go for that.
There are some videos you could watch: https://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles … d-builder/
Watch the ones about the Visions theme first, as it is fairly straight-forward. When watching, try to code along with Suzanne, as she explains things.
Good luck, and remember, we're here if you need someone! ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.