New :) - What programs do I need to...

User 2275800 Photo

12 posts

Thank you Eric :) I understand! I might be back, but I do understand! If it gets to crazy I might do what Paintbrush suggested.

I think its more I want to learn all of it at once and I am overloading myself and yes making it to difficult for someone that just started.
User 1909698 Photo

Trial User
1 post

Here is my request for help:

I have built a small number of sites using dreamweaver studio 8 and its been fine as I maintain them all.

However I've been asked by a photographer to build them a site which:
1. They can upload photo's themselves
2. They can password protect the photos - pages
3. They can sell the photos

Also help with a hosting provider which has no issues being able to do this, would be of great use.

Regards,
Alan.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Alan,

When you're using dreamweaver are you doing so using mostly the visual editor or the coding part? That would make a difference as to what programs would work best from CoffeeCup.

If you're looking for a site editor to replace dreamweaver then HTML Editor would work for coding and Visual Site Designer for visual WYSIWYG building.

Website Access Manager would be my top choice for protecting site pages. If you have access to the cPanel for the site you also should have access to the ability to setup protections there also, either way works fine, but I love WAM as it has a lot more versatility and settings and makes it easy to keep the information all in one place for account setups.

Selling the photos can be done using the Shopping Cart Creator/Designer combos either Basic or Pro, depending on the amount of functionality they would need as well as design preferences, Pro of course having the most functions and design capabilities.

Uploading the photos themselves I guess would need a bit more information. Just to upload them is easy using Direct FTP or even just the Free FTP program. If they need to upload and edit things, that entails an entirely different setup that you'll need to work out with them as they would need to have access to the program(s) you are using to build the site. If just uploading is all they want to do, then any FTP program will work great for that.

Hosting providers is something someone else will have to help with as there are hundreds and hundreds of them out there and I know there are a few threads in the forums here on it too.

Good luck on your site(s) and let us know more details if you need more information than what I gave :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.