New to website design, have some...

User 2287990 Photo

1 post

Hi all

I have never designed a website before, and I have some questions which hopefully someone can answer please!

First of all, I need to create a website for a takeaway for my brother. I promised him I would do it thinking it would be easy but it wasnt! So I have decided to buy some easy to use software to do the hard work for me instead! What I need to do is create a shopping cart which is on the same page as the pages where the items are ordered from, eg the following site has the type of cart I am looking to create. Each item the customer orders is added to a 'ticket' on the right hand side. Does anyone know if this 'ticket' type of cart can be done using CoffeCup Cart Designer Pro? I would also need the Instructions field with the ticket as per the below website, can this be done too?

http://rupeyal.com/order_takeaway_in_St … c_9011.htm

Another I am looking to do is, have the opening times on the website and the customer cannot create any orders unless the current time is within shop opening hours - is this possible using CoffeeCup products, and will it be easy to do for a newbie like me?

Finally, how would I link a CoffeeCup website to my hosting company mySQL database? Is this an automatic thing that happens somehow? Or do I have to link the two somehow?

Thanks for the help
Naz

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.