Need some help with HTML coding...

User 2180450 Photo

14 posts

I need some help with getting my website just right, I am trying to have some buttons on the side of the page, and text in the middle. I have the buttons on the side of the page, but when I try to put text on the side of the buttons in the middle of the page, I am having trouble doing it.

The text either show up on the bottom of the buttons or on the top of the buttons. I am not sure if I am missing some code or just not typing the code in right.

Here is a sample of the code I have now. As you can see the text is not where I want it to be. Some help would be nice. Thank you.

<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body bgcolor="#000000" text="#FF3300"><center><h1>The Game</h1></center><center><form action="">
<input type="button" value="Home"><input type="button" value="Information"><input type="button" value="Game Rules">
</form></center><br /><br /><align left><form action="">
<input type="button" value="Game1"></form><form action=""><input type="button" value="Game2"></form><form action=""><input type="button" value="Game3"></form><form action="">
<input type="button" value="Game4"></form><form action=""><input type="button" value="Game5"></form><form action=""><input type="button" value="Game6"></form>
</form><p><center> How to play the game</center></p>

</body>
</html>
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,193 posts
Online Now

How does this look?
<body bgcolor="#000000" text="#FF3300"><center><h1>The Game</h1></center><center><form action="">
<input type="button" value="Home"><input type="button" value="Information"><input type="button" value="Game Rules">
</form></center><br /><br /><align left>
<form action=""><input type="button" value="Game1"><style="float:right;margin:0 5px 0 0;" />My Button1</p></form>
<form action=""><input type="button" value="Game2"><style="float:right;margin:0 5px 0 0;" />My Button 2</p></form>
<form action=""><input type="button" value="Game3"><style="float:right;margin:0 5px 0 0;" />My Button 3</p></form>
<form action=""><input type="button" value="Game4"><style="float:right;margin:0 5px 0 0;" />My Button 4</p></form>
<form action=""><input type="button" value="Game5"><style="float:right;margin:0 5px 0 0;" />My Button 5</p></form>
<form action=""><input type="button" value="Game6"><style="float:right;margin:0 5px 0 0;" />My Button 6</p></form>
</form><p><center> How to play the game</center></p>

</body>
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2180450 Photo

14 posts

It looks wonderful! :D

Thank you.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.