Just as id thought id found the...

User 2356459 Photo

Trial User
1 post

Please excuse grammar/spelling errors, its now 5:05am in the morning, and iv spent all night to find a way around my prob so please do read around the (most likely) numerous errors:P

Well iv just cancel my store with volusion, but did manage to learn a bit regarding coding etc, and edited the html/css templates to my liking, but had issues with payment gateway options, so started searching for another option, and came accross coffecup shoping cart pro.

Upon trial of this software along with the Deisgner cart pro, i couldnt get the smile of my face. I had found what i concidered the perfect system in designing and maintaining my store....

this was until i noticed i couldnt seem to seperate the Nav Menu options with the Categories and sub categories menus. So i looked up on the net and could only seems to find an answer i was dreading...that its not possible to have verticle, and horizontal Menus.

As i plan to sell a large range of items, having the two seperated gives a much easier upfront view to customers of all the items on offer ....

and im hoping perhaps that not all is lost, and perhaps it is possible to have a horizontal Site Nav Menu made from an image-map which i can put as the header-image/logo of each page, perhaps using HTML coding....is this possible. Has anyone been able to create two seperate menus (one for site features/Navigation, and the other specifically for categories, and sub categorie displays) using the coffeecup shopping cart program, or website visual design program?

Or perhaps someone could suggest a shopping cart program exactly alike coffeecup shopping cart designer/creator but which allows two seperate menus? evan if one isnt flash (drop down/fancy etc)

Its the only downfall to the software, otherwise i would have purchased THE LOT

Any advice or suggestions to assist me in my requirments, or perhaps a way to utalize coffeecup software, and find a resolution to my prob is greatly appreciated. Until then im going to continue attempting different methods.

Thanks for your time,

Steph
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Have you considered setting up a separate section for your information/details/about pages in VSD or HTML editor, with all your categories etc, and separate carts for separate sections of your site.

IE my delorean main site is VSD down bottom of left tabs are two carts

one for wedding rings SCCP

one for signet rings SCCP

one for trade (not working yet) WILL BE SCCP

Have a look at mine see if it helps explain

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.