Issues with sticky Menu on microsoft...

User 2934340 Photo

3 posts

Greetings to al, i'm a newbie in the field of web design, i have my website which displays well in chrome but in microsoft edge it's just awful i don't know what's the source of the issue, especially the header but i don't know where the cs code went wrong
Attachments:
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

If you want help, you need to be much more specific about the problem.
This forum is for users of Coffeecup Software.
You need to tell us what site builder you are using.
Then we need to see your site, to see what the problem is. 'Awful' is no sufficient description. And just a mile long css file isn't saying much when we don't have the corresponding html file too.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2934340 Photo

3 posts

Oh ok, sorry i understand i'll attach the html index file
Attachments:
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

I can see from the files you have provided that you are using a framework called Responsee. There is obviously a separate css file for IE, I don't know if that is for Edge too. And as the site uses a whole series of css files, there is no telling which one of them you submitted in your first post.

I see no evidence of you using any tool from Coffeecup Software (you wouldn't have been a 'guest' if you had). We are not familiar with the framework you are using, so my advice would be to contact any user forum or the company responsible for Responsee.

But I am pretty certain that there is something in the css that hasn't been defined properly, and most likely it may have to do with the nav menu, and maybe also with your image gallery. I see the sizes are wrong. Whether it is due to a fault by you or something in the software, I cannot tell. But IE has always been a problem for web designers, and Edge is only a tad better.

If you had been a CoffeeCup user, and especially if you had sent the whole project file, we would have been able to sort this for you. We are familiar with Foundation, Bootstrap and Materialize frameworks. Your site looks pretty much like sites made with Materialize, and it wouldn't be too hard to change, I guess.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2934340 Photo

3 posts

Thanks
User 2928378 Photo

1 post

Open this page in Edge, and scroll down very fast. You can see the sticky bar disappearing and re-appearing. It doesn’t seem to update fast enough, or only when scrolling stops.
This issue seems very similar to old Safari versions, which did not update fixed and sticky elements until the scroll event was done.
This is not expected behavior. Chrome and Firefox both keep the sticky element tightly positioned without any rendering glitches or delays.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

'This page' you say, but you haven't provided any link to the page in question.

But the problem lies with the browser, the computer used, internet connection and speed, so I think the site builder used can be taken out of the loop.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2935390 Photo

2 posts

where is the link mate?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.