Idea's - Post ID 292520

User 2886863 Photo

1 post

Hi Team,

Been a user of a few of the tools for a number of years.. And as I have a bit of free time coming up I am looking at changing things up a bit..

So here is a but of a mudmap..

Main idea is centered around "Educational support".

This is what I have had running for a while..

Hosted sites via a Bitnami AWS cloud..
-WordPress.
-Moodle.

Main reason I went down this route was a lovely little tool called H5P (check it out @H5P.org)
With the WordPress site I could develop with in it and stream to multi Moodle sites..(you know..develop once use a lot type thinking)

Now a couple of things have popped up.. (Let's not mention Corona).. But anyway, while I am still around Moodle I am doing more with Google classrooms and a few other LMS's.. Which of course are still all able to iframe H5P into nicely..

I am now developing and hosting on H5P.com so this means I am not in the need of the WordPress site..(but still like the net presence).

So this is what I am thinking..
Coffee cup doesn't play nice with WordPress sites..(Well we can't have it all can we..:-)

So..drop WordPress

-start a responsive site with coffee cup Sdrive as base..

- Means shifting over existing domain name.. Been reading the last hour or so and it looks easy enough..

Question 1. Is there any educational type templates in the store? (As a quick base to get up and running)

Question 2. Is there any templates that can have a client login..? (I am thinking yes as it would be like a webshop.. Log in and buy)..

My thinking here is I need an area (actually 10x)

That are different courses and these are to be login access only.. I would then Iframe activities and links to outside resources hosted on Google Drive.. I would also stream videos from a dedicated video streaming site to these sub-rooms(educational..think almost Udemy type)

Wow..putting it in writing it grows fast.. ;-)

So here is a list of sites I would want it be be a hub for..

H5P
Google drive (files/resources/streaming slides)
Sways
YouTube
JWplayer
Flow paper
Confluence (for wiki type setups, will have to work out how to make this feel seamless)

Main reason I am looking back to coffee cup is I have seen you guys moving quickly in this space over the last few years and feel that if I settle here I could do some great things as I am feeling using WordPress is limiting me a tab..

Pros - Coffee cup form designer (I want to start using Google forms more in the educational space), plus good base software.

Cons: I might be dreaming that this is all going to fit together?

Thoughts welcome as I am still kicking the bucket but are moving quickly (a few weeks).. To making a decision..

Also I do like the 4for deal going at the moment and would love to justify the buy in..

I am thinking grab the 4for software deal..
Grab the Sdrive
Redirect the .com I have got already..
And start building..

Can anyone see any gapping holes I might be missing?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.