Google Fetch Question - Post ID 272320

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

I will add something here regarding SEO.
In maths, physics, even html and css you have a right answer and several wrong answers. In SEO it is a bit more complicated,because there is no single right answer. It depends on what the site is about, what kind of audience it is made for, where in the world they are located, what language they speak.
There are some common rules:
The domain name must be relevant for the site contents
The markup must validate
The site must be relatively fast loading
The title tag must be carefully chosen, most important things first.
The keywords/key phrases too must be carefully chosen, also here the most important things first.
The description tag must contain one to three sentences about the content of the site.
A sitemap is of great advantage, Google likes that.

All the above (except the domain name) can be refined by means of the CC apps I mentioned in my previous post.

But nobody here in this forum can tell you exactly what to use for a dopmain name, title, keywords etc. You get some help from Website Insight, but the final decision will have to be your own.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2273654 Photo

755 posts

The standing SEO sections of the forums is a thread under the Design and development section
SEO - User Discussion Area I had forgotten about it had to go looking for it. I still think that it ought to be a main topic, SEO deserves to be a main topic heading in my opinion. SEO is vitally important deserves main topic heading so as to give people ease of finding info on it.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

It may perhaps be lifted out to become a main topic, but it will most likely appear in the 'Community' category. All the software groups come first, that is what the forum owner is producing and of course wants to market.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello Inger, Gregg and anyone else that have been looking at this inquiry,

The original question may ave been gone out of control and if so I apologize in advance if it may or is causing any problems.
Originally my first line was "Hello, Not sure where to put this but if not in right place CC can move it" and thanks Greg for pointing out that probably should of been under "Design and development section" ( never scrolled down that far). Inger I 100% totally agree with all that you wrote about SEO and have tried to abide by what engines want. I also just downloaded the Trial "Sonar" did my main page and GREAT no problems speed etc. fast, only suggestion is to try and use Gzip (?) compression. But other wise all is good.
My original inquiry also had to do with Google and the Crawl Fetch as all of a sudden I get " Temporary Unavailable". not all the time and varies and seems it may be a "Server Connectiviy" issue which is now with my hosting Level 2 support and I should know what they think in a day or two or three :rolleyes: . May be time to think about changing companies.

If the Forum owner wants he or she can move this thread to the proper place that may be "Design and developmet section" not sure.

Once again I do THANK all that have gone out their way to help me, your expertise in web design is something that a non-designer like myself wish I could achieve. :)
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

You can find info about how to deal with Gzip here: https://varvy.com/pagespeed/enable-compression.html .
If the first one doesn't work, try the next one.

You can find a lot more tips on SEO on the varvy.com site.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Thank You Inger
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello all,
Update - was able to activate Gzip in 2nd signature and now 79% compression.
My 1st sigature was more difficult as I have a different hosting co. we have used from the beging. Finally I was sent info on how I could do myself AND added the info into my .htaces file and it worked it shows
87% compression.
Now waiting for level 2 about the connectivity issue.
Also I have to work on the htm vs the html site page I have 2 or 3 if the older htm and also with CC can only be made as html and than change to htm with a 301 redirect that may cause a bot issue.
But Slowly getting this done.
Ray

Ray aka Kreations

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.