Go Daddy? - Post ID 149348

User 2174069 Photo

28 posts

A few questions from our (about to be replaced) web administrator:

How hard is it to add or change pages (newsletters, calendars, photos) that folks send me?
How hard is it to create pages that site visitors can print? Such as calendars.

Also need to verify that Go-Daddy will be able to host pages created by VSD.

And a question from me - I am a long time user of Photoshop Elements and will be putting images from that program on the site. I notice in your literature you say that PNG files do quite well. I normally work with very large images - does your instruction book give correct image sizes to use?

Many thanks for all of your prompt answers and help. I'm very impressed!
Camilla

User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

Hi Camilla!
It's very easy to make changes and additions to a VSD site. Also, any hosting company should be just fine since the actual files that get uploaded are standard types (html, jpeg, png, etc.).

You'll find most of your options to add things to the site in the left menu bar; images, text, html, flash...)
You can also create links to PDF files or other documents, which is handy for newsletters and items that one can print. Coffee Cup also has a calendar creator. All the additional CC programs such as the gallery and form builder are easy to add into your VSD site. If you need more customization, the HTML and Flash tools make it just as easy to add non-CC scripts and applications, as well as adding your own html code if needed.

About your images - do you use the Save for Web function in PS Elements? If not, be sure to give it a try, it will help you get your image sizes down to the smallest size possible that still looks good. I have better results with jpegs (for smaller file sizes), so usually only use pngs for items that require transparency. If you have large photos/graphics in png format, you might consider something like this:
http://pmt.sourceforge.net/pngcrush/index.html

Be sure to check out the VSD forum for more hints and how-to's as well as any help you might need with it. :)
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 192897 Photo

325 posts

Camilla Coolidge wrote:
A few questions from our (about to be replaced) web administrator:

Also need to verify that Go-Daddy will be able to host pages created by VSD.

I use Go-Daddy for all of my sites created by VSD, works fine and never had a problem with support
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Since VSD creates html files, no host should have a problem serving them.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.