E Commerce stuff - Post ID 159243

User 2221081 Photo

13 posts

I'm not currently using the shopping cart designer.

I just have downloaded the VSD (I did download the form program but cannot figure how to hook that up, either...so will try that later).

I was really just hoping to add a 'buy now' button to my existing site design (as I love it). I did not like (even slightly) any of the premade templates. Sorry, but they don't look like 'my site' to me. Now, if they are really customizable...but I have already created like 8 pages of unique content and really REALLY do not want to do this again.

I will if I have too, however.

So, #1: can I create JUST a 'buy now' button and have a cart (through PayPal)
or
#2:can I significantly alter the SCD to look like my other pages?

and, how do I do it....exactly.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Janys Hyde wrote:
...I was certainly able to carry across the look and feel of my web site into the store (which I created with the SCC Designer Pro) by doing several things:
1.Find out which is the main image being used as the background in your regular web page
2.idem for the main header
3.Make sure you identify all the hex colour codes for the colours you use throughout your regular web page.

It is then just a case of replicating each of these things in your store. The store in my signature (www.venicescrapbooking.com) actually started out as a regular web site. Doing as I have explained, I was able to replicate exactly the look and feel of the site to the store...

As Janys points out, using your existing site design and 'converting' it into SCC (with the help of SCD Pro) is entirely possible. A bit of work, maybe, but do-able. Personally, from a shoppers standpoint, I tend to avoid sites that only offer the "buy it now" button, preferring full cart shopping experiences.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2221081 Photo

13 posts

okay, I'll take a look at this tonight. Wow, I surely do hope that I can make it look like what I've done. I have an amazing landing page and it just looks so nice and sleek.

If I can't, then I dunno...one of the main features of this was that I could get it as I wanted. But not going to diss anything yet.

User 2221081 Photo

13 posts

I was ill last night, sorry. Tonight I did go to the site to see if I could upload it, but I've no idea how to do it.

Perhaps I'm just not able to make this work for me. I am feeling pretty dejected right now. I just want something to come out of this.

If anyone can help me, step by step, I'd appreciate it. I work late the next 2 nights (have a few hours at most to myself) so might not have time to do much until Friday.

Thank you.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I can talk you through loading up to 000webhost.com As i use them,

Might be able to help further, I am in Uk not sure where you are for time frame.

If you have a skype account for chat, i can talk to you free on that for as long as it takes.

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.