Dumb Question?? Can I make Changes...

User 2222477 Photo

2 posts

I'm testing out this editor and need some help. I've dumped an existing file (source code) into the editor and can read all of the HTML version and the Preview window. It seems to me that the only way I can actually make changes to the content is having to go into the actual source code...Question: with editors such as this, is there no way to make the changes to the document from the Preview Pane - or at least a format that doesn't show all the code? If so, how?? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

The BEST way to use Preview Pane (IMHO) is to tile it with the Code Pane. Adjust it sizewise, so you are happy with the view. Then as you make changes on the code, you will be able to see how it affects the final product. As far as editing the HTML File, yep, you're going to have to get your hands dirty and get into the code.

There is VSD (Visual Side Designer), that is a WYSIWYG Editor, but you would have to start from scratch as you can NOT import HTML into the program.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2222477 Photo

2 posts

Thank you Phil. The problem is that the code for the file I'm using is pretty ugly and I'm not very good with the code. I may need to find something out there that will import the code so I don't have to start from scratch in order to make changes. Also, since I'm using the free trial, and opt to subscribe to this service can I retreive my "project" in a format that doesn't display the yellow Coffee banner? Thanks again!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts

The banner is only there in the trial version. If you pay for it and download the paid version, it disappears.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.