Dreamweaver CS5 with Shopping Cart...

User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Paul...look forward to seeing what you manage to achieve! :)
User 2263018 Photo

4 posts

So...from what I am reading in this post is that I would need both Shopping Cart Creator and Designer Pro in order to make a new shopping cart work with a existing website. Example: Client wants to add a store to their current website. Could I use only the Shopping Cart Creator Pro and tweak the background, etc to match their current website and add the store in a separate folder and add a link in the website to the store?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Kathy,

In order to "tweak" anything to do with the theme setup you would need the Shopping Cart Designer (either basic or Pro depending on the level of changes you need to make). The Shopping Cart Creator program only deals with content, the Designers have all the power over the theme setup which includes backgrounds etc.

If you are only wanting to change the background then the basic version would be sufficient, but personally, I found the Pro version to be more than worth it's weight in code. After that you can just setup the shop on the Shop Tools setup to point to your website for the Home Page there as the home page for the shop, and in the menu of your website (and any other places you have the shop listed) you can add a Shop link or button to point to your shop and it's all good.

All depends on how much you want it to match your site (background, menu, layout, etc.).

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.