Does SCCP work with other CC...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

I think I found the template with the birds. Is it the one called 'Spread your wings'?

To remove the birds you have to open the css file and from this line:

body {font-size:12px; font-family:Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#000; background:#fff url(../images/body_bg.png) left top no-repeat}

and remove the last bit:

url(../images/body_bg.png) left top no-repeat
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You sure that you have to do all that Inger to remove or change that area in a theme? I'm thinking that the Designer Pro should be able to do it without any issues. I know I removed every single thing in the theme I had other than the layout itself to create mine, I'm sure there's a way inside the program.

My concern here is that it will cause issues with updates as I'm almost sure it will have to be updated constantly every time you update the shop? If not then it's not a big problem, but since it's reading an actual theme file when you load and save your shop, rather than a straight out .css file, won't that be a problem on updates?

I'll look and see if I have that theme myself and play with them birds if I do and see if I can figure out in the program how to get rid of them. It could be that you need to replace it with something else rather than just getting rid of it? Dunno haven't played with a theme for a bit, but I'm sure there has to be a way inside the program, if not then you should put in an ticket to report it, because it's supposed to be pretty much all changeable from what I recall.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ok I'm extremely confused here lol,

I have gone through all the themes on the SCC section of the themes shop and I cannot find any theme named Spread your Wings, or anything with Spread or Wings in it on any of the pages. Nor can I find a theme with any grey birds on it although I kind of recollect the one you are mentioning. I was actually going to see if it was worth purchasing and go ahead and purchase it to check it out, but can't even do that lol.

Inger do you have a link to that theme on the theme shop? Very weird that you could find it but I can't (I am sure I'm very blind I guess lol)

I DO find it for both the HTML Editor and the Photo Gallery softwares, just not for the Shopping Cart Creator.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ok thanks to Tassie I found the theme, I had assumed it was a purchased one, but it's a default one sorry.

To remove the birds (hoping i have the right thing that you want removed) it's just the background. You don't have to change any code for that, just click somewhere on the background area of the theme when you are in the SCD Pro program and it will give you the settings for all the background area.

At the top you'll see the .png that is in that corner, you can either change it to something else (put the new image location in the box) or you can hit the red X to just take it out completely.

I realize you say you are aware you can remove them via the background, but that's what they are so I'm not sure exactly what it is you are trying to do. If you're planning a different background just insert the location as I said above, but if you want no background, just change the color to the color you want instead or leave it white and that's all it is.

If I am not hitting on the right thing let me know so I can go back in the program and find what you are really after, sorry I have a thick head some days (shut up Tom lol) so sometimes it's not fully obvious what it is people are after. Your post makes it sound like you want the birds gone, removing the image does that so let me know if that's not "exactly" what you want :)

Have fun with it :)
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

I answered as I did because 'American Dream' was asking questions about SCC, there was no mention about SCD. Secondly I don't have the app installed myself and don't know what templates it comes with. I just looked among the templates for one that had some birds flying on the left side, in order to be able to offer some help.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

No worries Inger, mine was more questions than anything, I had to install the new updates first myself and then check it as I haven't messed with the designer for a bit either. I love and hate puzzles so I had to figure it out before I went to bed lol. The designer is where most anything would be done for the theme though, and that question probably should have been in the designer forum even rather than this one now that I think about it too hehe.
User 2142196 Photo

Trial User
7 posts

Thanks guys. I will go ahead and see if I can work this with all the advice I have gotten, that shouldn't be a problem.:)
User 2142196 Photo

Trial User
7 posts

I fixed it. Thanks so much.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Grats AD, glad to hear you got it all worked out, sorry took so long to reply, but I've been gone on a long weekend and just got home hehe. Have fun with it :)
User 2142196 Photo

Trial User
7 posts

No problem at all Jo Ann. I'm just glad you guys helped me out. I love this software.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.