delay in typing - Post ID 264773

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

em wrote:
I'll try the clean reinstall, that seems reasonable but I won't go through all the hassle that comes with reformatting the HD. I'd rather stick with TopStyle although it's no longer supported. After all, I have paid for it.

Thanks,

Ed

A clean uninstall can be performed by following these steps:

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … n-cleanup/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2806441 Photo

64 posts

Guys,

I don't mean to be a nuisance but I have a new problem now.

I had upgraded my PC from win 7 to win 10 and then reinstalled the editor.

Now, when I start it, I see the hourglass flickering next to the mouse pointer for about a minute or so and then the editor starts slowly, displaying the icons on top one after the other. When it's finally complete it shows a message that a parser file could not be found. After that it seems to be working normal as far as I can tell.

I'm wondering if it does not work correctly with win 10?
User 283347 Photo

388 posts

em,

I have been using many CC software programs on win 10 with no problem. It seems you must have a ghost in the machine.

And FYI...I "upgraded" to 10 not clean install...no issues with these or any other programs that I frequently use.

I hope you get it resolved. I know it is a pain when things don't function like you expect.:)

MJ
User 2806441 Photo

64 posts

I also upgraded to win 10, no clean install.

All other programs work normal, no problem whatsoever.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

em wrote:
I also upgraded to win 10, no clean install.

All other programs work normal, no problem whatsoever.

Might be time for you to do a clean install of Windows 10 by formatting and re-load (never restore or upgrade) the operating system.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2806441 Photo

64 posts

I have about 2 dozen applications that run perfectly fine. The only issue I have is with the editor.

I am very reluctant to wipe out my HD and do a clean install and then tweak and customize 2 dozen applications until they run the way I want them to run. What if after all that hassle the editor doesn't work without a hitch?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I cannot predict the future em. I can only offer suggestions. ;)

The issues you are having are not reproducible by us or others here in the forums. The only thing I can suggest is a clean install of the OS since that is not something you have tried. I would also make sure not to install ANY security apps after the install and test the Editor with a fresh/clean OS. If it works, start adding those programs one by one to see if it creates any problems.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

em wrote:
Guys,

I don't mean to be a nuisance but I have a new problem now.

I had upgraded my PC from win 7 to win 10 and then reinstalled the editor.

Now, when I start it, I see the hourglass flickering next to the mouse pointer for about a minute or so and then the editor starts slowly, displaying the icons on top one after the other. When it's finally complete it shows a message that a parser file could not be found. After that it seems to be working normal as far as I can tell.

I'm wondering if it does not work correctly with win 10?

So the only question I don't see anyone asking is if you did the Clean Uninstall and Reinstall of the program at all. You mention updating Windows, but not this. So did you do the clean install as Scott gave you the information for yet?
User 2383284 Photo

1 post

I have been using the Coffee Cup HTML Editor for at least 4 years. I use the paid version 14.1 I have regularly upgraded my versions from time to time. I had never seen this problem of the typing delay before, but now it is an annoyance that I deal with every time I use Coffee Cup. The delay between when I type something and when it appears in the code window can be as much as 3-5 seconds.

I'm running Windows 10 with all updates. I don't have this problem in any other software that I use. I probably run 20-30 different programs in a weeks' time. Not one of them shows any sign of this typing delay. So I find it pretty silly that others are suggesting that the problem is NOT in Coffee Cup and that anyone who is having this problem should do a clean install of Windows and all their apps. Any idea how long that takes? A whole day at least.

If there's a background process that is slowing things down, why doesn't that background process create the same problem in other apps? Answer: Because the problem is in the CC HTML Editor, not anywhere else. Perhaps not a lot of users are reporting this problem, but there is definitely some incompatibility in the CC HTML Editor code that is causing it. I wish the programmers at Coffee Cup would figure out what it is, instead of saying that it's "not our problem."

User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,190 posts

Hi Chas,
Have you looked at your resources to see what may be using them up?
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.