CoffeeCup Shopping Cart Creator -...

User 2136336 Photo

3 posts

We sell items that come in different colors and are engraved with the customers slogan. I see that I can have a color selection but could I have a field that the customer could put in the slogan they wanted?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

At this time our software does not support that functionality but it is something we hope to have for a future update to Shopping Cart Creator Pro.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2136336 Photo

3 posts

Thank you for your prompt response.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya James,

One of the things a bunch of users do while waiting on that feature to be added at some point to the Pro version is to use the Form Builder to create a separate form for customer input. Although it is not tied to the checkout in any way, and is a separate button to use for the form only, a little extra time is all it takes to match up the form with the order (as long as you include good tracking fields of course) and you then have input for your custom items. Not perfectly convenient, but definitely doable if you aren't dealing with hundreds of sales a day.

Welcome to CC forums James :)
User 2136336 Photo

3 posts

Jo Ann,
Thanks for the suggestion, that may just be the answer!
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Form Builder redirects the user to another page after form submission. So they will be directed away from the current page unless you create a separate form for every item in the shop.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Or....

you can add a line to your Thank You page that you redirect them to telling them to use their Browser's back button to return to the product should they wish to do so. Much easier than a new form for every product I think :)

That's a very good point though Tom, I think I'll find out if there is any way to do a form without a redirection of any kind. Course that would entail no confirmation message to tell them the form worked or not in the end which isn't always good either.

What we need is a popup form window for thank you window, although not everyone allows popups, but there are quite a few out there that get through those popup blockers that are like this, part of the site itself, wonder how they do that?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.