Coffee Cup HTML Editor - Post ID 262728

User 158290 Photo

Trial User
1 post

A major issue is when editing my index.htm file, today I changed the bodybackground and added an image.

When I click Save it appears to save and then I click Tools-Check with default browser and my changes appear.

I then upload the saved file to my server via FTP and guess what, the new changes are not there.

To make certain my changes are uploaded I delete the file on the server prior to uploading the new saved document.

My question, what happens to the saved document from the time it is saved, previewed and then uploaded and the new content is ignored by the program and prior content is uploaded.

Doesn't the save File-Save command actually save the new file or is there another way to save a file?

If minor changes are ignored I see no point in spending good money for a beta program that has it's own mind. It is not doing what I want it to do.
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Did you try clearing the browser cache?
User 2726167 Photo

1 post

Hi, This is my first post.

I'm happy using the Coffee Cup HTML Editor. My question is simple, why do I need to save the file on my local drive and then have to upload it to get it to my Webserver? Is there a simple way to Save and update/upload the files in 1 step?

Thanks,

Michael
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Welcome to the forums!! :)

When you use Website Projects, you can edit files directly on your server with no need to work locally or upload.

If you have not set one up yet, you can find instructions here at http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … ml-editor/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.