Change this heading to CC trial users...

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Viv - Tom has had that rise in his shorts for some time... Links in sig's are different, in that MOST ALL of them are made with CC products (have yet to find any that weren't actually). The poster in question was, as you say, blatantly advertising a non-CC product produced website. We can only assume that this was in an attempt to drive traffic to his site.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Phil wrote:
Viv - Tom has had that rise in his shorts for some time... Links in sig's are different, in that MOST ALL of them are made with CC products (have yet to find any that weren't actually). The poster in question was, as you say, blatantly advertising a non-CC product produced website. We can only assume that this was in an attempt to drive traffic to his site.

I just saw the funny side of it, as one who myself can not spell, his university degree education not only resulted in at least one grammatical error, but also either a total misunderstanding of or disregard for the purpose of the CC forum in question.
I still cannot understand why products such as CC VSD & HTML editor which were aimed at non technical first time users, becomes a place where a "so called professional" wants to advertise his or her services.
We are all in hear blatantly helping one and other out, to DIY and i believe many for the fun of it. although now with the introduction of SCCP and the such like, many are actually making a living from the products we sell as a result.
I for one started out, just making my own on line jewellery shop, and its been more of a success than i expected, much the result of the help i received in this forum, hence i am now often in here doing my best to return the favour by passing on what i have learnt to newcomers.
The other sites I have set up for friends have all to my surprise resulted in orders sales and even my latest site wedding cars, using the new S drive hosting is resulting in regular phone enquiries.
AH ha the penny drops, website designers are loosing business to us amateurs, maybe they think they can steel some back!
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Someone feeling a little guilty? I just tell people to put their shameless links in their sig. How you perceive that message is up to you. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.