CC VSD was working last night, wont...

User 2300345 Photo

26 posts

Please help. I am now getting a Windows pop-up saying the VSD has stopped working, a problem caused it to stop working correctly. It was working last night! This is the trial version.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Try right-clicking on the VSD icon and select Run as Administrator.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2300345 Photo

26 posts

That works. How strange.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Might as well set it to do that permanently since that's a problem with a lot of programs, CC and other companies. Windows Vista & 7 both need this setting for a lot of programs. Just right click the shortcut, choose properties, choose the compatibility tab and then check the box on the bottom of that tab that says Run as Administrator. Say OK and you're set to go from then on.

I'm personally done this to pretty much every program I install cuz I got sick of having to do it after the fact of finding out something didn't work lol. A really stupid setup that Microsoft did if you ask me. Don't know what they were thinking, when I run my computer I'm running in an Administrator capacity, I should not have to then set the dang programs to do so, they should already be doing so on this account, sheesh I tell ya more hoops to jump every Windows version :P

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.