Suggestions for CoffeeCup Website Insight - Page 3


Registered User
1 post

Website Insight address box requests a http:// format. does not like http://localhost/u3atest where my website that needs checking resides. How can I just enter localhost/u3atest which is the address I use.


VP of Software Development
49,402 posts

Brian Wood wrote:
Website Insight address box requests a http:// format. does not like http://localhost/u3atest where my website that needs checking resides. How can I just enter localhost/u3atest which is the address I use.

Scanning locally will not work as many of the features that it checks requires a full URL to be passed to the various services. This is how we determine link counts, Facebook users, Twitter Followers etc. If you entered http://localhost/u3atest that would not be a valid URL we can pass to them.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.


Registered User
3 posts

Totally agree. The software looks good other than:

1. Adding in each page is a real chore. It seems to run off and look at the other pages, why not bring back the full structure itself?
2. I've had a few crashes...
3....so, having added 40 pages manually...(quite a number of minutes) it's a real pain to find no auto save feature...so, when I open my project it is empty (40 mins down the drain).

Maybe I'm missing a few tricks here?

I did read a comment somewhere from Scott Swedorski stating that "You can scan multiple pages now, but not at the same time." I never quite understood what that meant.


Senior Advisor
11,006 posts
Online Now

It means you can open an url, like www.yoursite.com, then the index page will be scanned. Then you can open another page of the same site, like www.yourdomain.com/contact.html and scan that. And so forth.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: http://www.horgenhonning.net/
Component sharing for RSD, RFF and RBB: http://www.horgenhonning.net/sharing/



VP of Software Development
49,402 posts

Russell Smith wrote:
Totally agree. The software looks good other than:

1. Adding in each page is a real chore. It seems to run off and look at the other pages, why not bring back the full structure itself?
2. I've had a few crashes...
3....so, having added 40 pages manually...(quite a number of minutes) it's a real pain to find no auto save feature...so, when I open my project it is empty (40 mins down the drain).

Maybe I'm missing a few tricks here?

I did read a comment somewhere from Scott Swedorski stating that "You can scan multiple pages now, but not at the same time." I never quite understood what that meant.


You can scan as many pages as you like, but the software does not spider your entire website. Each page is individually scanned.

As to the errors, did you ever go to the File Menu and save your projects at any time? When you had that errors, do you remember where in the scanning process they occurred? The latest version is Build 200, so if you are using an older version, do upgrade. If you continue to have problems, open a support ticket and we can help you out.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.


Registered User
252 posts

Maybe it is just me but in the Recommendations section it is rather annoying to always see that I have "A Large Number of Server Requests". An option to toggle this on/off would be totally awesome.
Scott
I do what I love, and I love what I do!


VP of Software Development
49,402 posts

Chef-Scott wrote:
Maybe it is just me but in the Recommendations section it is rather annoying to always see that I have "A Large Number of Server Requests". An option to toggle this on/off would be totally awesome.

Internally we are debating on adding an option to "hide" various recommendations. Still have not come to a group consensus on that one. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.


Senior Advisor
11,006 posts
Online Now

Scott Swedorski wrote:

Internally we are debating on adding an option to "hide" various recommendations. Still have not come to a group consensus on that one. ;)


Isn't there someone in the company who has a double vote? And who can be bribed? :D
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: http://www.horgenhonning.net/
Component sharing for RSD, RFF and RBB: http://www.horgenhonning.net/sharing/



VP of Software Development
49,402 posts

As always, cookies can be sent to....... ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.


Registered User
10,951 posts

Why would you want to hide the number of requests recommendation? Just curious as it's quite a powerful piece of information for helping to downsize your site's size (as in file sizes not content amounts) so that it loads faster.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.