Safe Browsing - Post ID 256713

User 458539 Photo

1,583 posts

Hello forum

Seems I get the Safe Browsing flag frequently. I do have a shared hosting account(s) with Go Daddy and have spoken to them frequently about this malicious issue. Does Insight auto flag this if its in shared hosting account?

When the site is uploaded and I browse to it I do not get any warnings.

Anybody else having this issue?

Byron
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We use the Google Diagnostic tool for that. If you are on a shared hosting plan, you are also sharing the same IP address. This means if a website using the same IP address as you has malware or other issues that Google flags, you are going to be held responsible for that as well. The easiest fix is get a dedicated IP address.

https://www.google.com/transparencyrepo … iagnostic/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 458539 Photo

1,583 posts

Will think about that as it changes the cost factors when you have a lot sites.

I got it on a new site with dedicated IP. I called Go Daddy and they aren't getting that and I don't see that with Google. Its not giving me any warnings. the site is brand new and I'm sure that it hasn't been crawled yet. Called Go daddy and they ran the Google test and nothing showed up flagging Safe Browsing. If the site is only a couple of hours old could insight be picking up a problem from the previous site?

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

A dedicated server would also address that and Godaddy has pretty reasonable prices.

https://www.godaddy.com/pro/dedicated-server

Remember that it is Google that is finding this issue. We are simply using the URL you entered and passing it through their diagnostic tool.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 458539 Photo

1,583 posts

Thanks Scott

Wasn't complaining just didn't understand

Thanks again

Byron

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.