JavaScript & Responsive - Post ID 217955

User 235128 Photo

33 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

Thanks for reporting that. I have verified it here and will get this over to our developers. If you can please leave that site online, it will help with testing.

Will do ... and I'll leave it unchanged until after the next Website Insight release.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

codeDawg wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:

Thanks for reporting that. I have verified it here and will get this over to our developers. If you can please leave that site online, it will help with testing.

Will do ... and I'll leave it unchanged until after the next Website Insight release.

The problem was actually with the markup where we were looking for '''type="text/javascript"''', but in In HTML5, you can leave off the type attribute and it's assumed to be JavaScript.

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/m … pt-element

The type attribute gives the language of the script or format of the data. If the attribute is present, its value must be a valid MIME type. The charset parameter must not be specified. The default, which is used if the attribute is absent, is "text/javascript".
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 235128 Photo

33 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
codeDawg wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:

The problem was actually with the markup where we were looking for '''type="text/javascript"''', but in In HTML5, you can leave off the type attribute and it's assumed to be JavaScript.

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/m … pt-element

The type attribute gives the language of the script or format of the data. If the attribute is present, its value must be a valid MIME type. The charset parameter must not be specified. The default, which is used if the attribute is absent, is "text/javascript".

May all of our bugs be so nice to find :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.