Question about HTTPS - Post ID 273714

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Take a look at Godaddy. They have it starting at $60 and they do not charge anything for installation. I have used them for many sites over the years and was on a few of them had SSL and it worked very well.

https://www.godaddy.com/web-security/ss … roduct_id=
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

Ray wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
Yeah, everyone seems to "tack" on their own fees in that regards. Installing yourself is actually pretty complex and not worth the effort. I tried once and gave up. ;)

Have you contacted your hosting provider to see what they offer? Typically they give nice discounts and they can install them pretty much on the fly after ordering.

Your right about "tack" on cost Scott and if you gave up installing than u know I don't even want to try :rolleyes: I have been in contact with our main hosting company and besides the 149.00 per yr and 19.00 for dedicated IP I believe they also wanted 50.00 for installation. Thats why I am taking my time and looking into it more.
Thanks for your reply Scott I appreciate it.
Ray

1&1 have a package that comes with 1 free SSL certificate that they install & manage for free (can't remember the packages or the prices but do remember that not anywhere near what you are talking about 1&1.com)
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello Wayan Jaya,
Thanks for the reply I looked at 1&1 and if I read it right you have to them host your site? If not a one year is 29.95 than goes to 69.95 ??? So still searching.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.