Q about websites I'd like to...

User 2084935 Photo

6 posts

Ernie Hodge wrote:
Crystal,

When I read your first post I thought you were just going to put up a coming soon page 'like' the example link you gave. I agree with Wayan that if you're going to put actual content on the page then do that. Just don't put up a page with zero content that says coming soon.
All joking aside, the help you get in the forum is best if you use the answers to your questions to figure out how to do a lot of the things on your own. That way you self educate and move ahead a lot faster.

Please post your website when it's finished so we can see what you built.

Ernie,
Thanks again for weighing in! The Coming Soon placeholder will have a paragraph about my company, a field for interested parties to submit their email addresses for more info, and possible social media links. Hopefully that will be enough to prevent the situation you originally described!

I already built my first website using CC's RLM--self-education was definitely a big part of the process and the simple site took me forever! Unfortunately, I lost it when the hard drive on my new laptop imploded before I had a chance to backup what I'd created. I am now trying to rebuild using some of these newer tools. Given my first experience, I know it's going to take a long while to educate myself and build but, as you mentioned, that's the way forward!

I'll definitely post a link to the website if I succeed! Thanks again.
User 2084935 Photo

6 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
By the way that didn't mean I would do it for you,, NOOO i would work with you via video to give you a guidance as to how & what to do,,, you would be the one to do it

Try first have a go take the leap of faith,, if you get really stuck then let me know and working together we will be able to get close to that what you desire

Haha! Don't worry--I don't expect anyone to do my work for me. ;) Thanks so much for offering some assistance. I've already started rebuilding the main website using RSD V1 (though I have V2 now) and it isn't turning out the way I would hope. That's why I posted my original question--I was wondering whether I was using the right CC software/tools. I'm going to continue slogging through it. Will definitely keep your offer of help in mind. Thanks again!!
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Ernie Hodge wrote:

I don't know why Wayan doesn't want to just do all the work for you as he and Inger have been doing that for someone else. :D (Sorry Wayan and Inger I couldn't help myself.)

Thanks Ernie but
That would be all Inger not me I just made a couple of videos for him to follow but gave up as he didn't seem to be capable of even the simplest task :D Inger is the one who had the patience and the tenacity to carry on through thick & thin
(I believe it is still going on),,, could have got a couple of dozen sites built by now,, she deserves the biggest medal that there is.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:

(I believe it is still going on),,, could have got a couple of dozen sites built by now,, she deserves the biggest medal that there is.

I don't know really. The last thing I heard was that the intended server didn't support php at all, and in the meantime the half finished site is sitting on my server (just put /taxi behind the first url in my signature...).
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Crystal Bish wrote:

Haha! Don't worry--I don't expect anyone to do my work for me. ;) Thanks so much for offering some assistance. I've already started rebuilding the main website using RSD V1 (though I have V2 now) and it isn't turning out the way I would hope. That's why I posted my original question--I was wondering whether I was using the right CC software/tools. I'm going to continue slogging through it. Will definitely keep your offer of help in mind. Thanks again!!

Coffee Cup software (Even RSD v1.5) are defiantly the right tools for the job,, in fact to quote Tina Turner "Simply The Best" in this field of apps doing what they do.

I have RSD V1.5 & FF (which I believe is a framework available in the new RSD2 so if you ever do require some assistance through a video then I am sure that even if you start to use RSD2 the process shown would be compatable.

Good luck with your venture

Wayan
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.