php Feedback forms - Post ID 1537

User 472409 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Can you host the php page for a feedback form on another server? And if so how do you do it? Mines not working properly :(

Thank you
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

I'm sure there's several ways to go about it, but loading the form in a frame or inline frame (iframe) would help keep the site looking like it's in once location. I'm sure I or someone else can assist further if needed. ;)
User 472409 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Ok I think that I haven't explained myself properly. I have the form created in htm and the php page that emails the form to me needs to be hosted on another server as my server doesn't support php mail function.

The problem that I'm having is that it keeps throwing up an error page when I test the form.

Could the reason be because the php is on another server? Or is it because of an error in the php?
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

It's a bit hard to say not seeing the form/site. I would think that the .php file needs to stay alongside the rest of the form's files, but I can't say for sure. That's why I was suggesting using an iframe. You could have all the form's files hosted on the server that does support the PHP mail function rather than just the php file and have the form loaded smoothly in an iframe. However, that's just my idea. ;)
If you don't get a sufficient response in the forums, be sure to contact CoffeeCup directly either by their contact form on by phone:
http://www.coffeecup.com/contact/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.