One-Page vs Multi-Page Website for a...

User 2273654 Photo

754 posts

This is just an observation on the topic/theme of the web site. I did not expect to see a site providing professional SEO services. The original thread theme was asking about SEO. A professional SEO provider should not be having to ask questions such as this about it.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

GregB wrote:
This is just an observation on the topic/theme of the web site. I did not expect to see a site providing professional SEO services. The original thread theme was asking about SEO. A professional SEO provider should not be having to ask questions such as this about it.

Why not
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2361117 Photo

115 posts

To Greg B,
If you were to read my original post, the focus was on one-page website themes of which I admittedly have little to no experience working on as the sites I have created, modified, overhauled over the past ten years have all been multi-page. Hence the original post as I wanted to solicit feedback from those who have experience working with one-page website themes reason being there appears to be a lot of conflicting and misinformation on this subject matter. I should also state that SEO can be a very specialized field in that I am not well versed in all areas of SEO. On the contrary, while I have a good deal of experience in providing keyword research, writing content, etc., as well as experience in hard coding websites in HTML, CSS, JS, etc., I am looking to provide SEO services that focus on the technical aspects of SEO that affect page speed, mobile compatibility, security, etc. If I or the website I am working on have given you the false impression I know and provide all there is to know about SEO, I admittedly do not and apologize for the misunderstanding. BTW, FWIW, it appears you posted the same response twice
User 2361117 Photo

115 posts

Wayan,
Thank you. I really do appreciate the feedback along with the suggestions pertaining to mobile device usage. Just what I was looking for as I really have no one else other than average computer users consisting of family and friends to solicit feedback. As I already had reservations about the 'I' and 'We' inconsistency, I now fully realize that I need to address this as you apparently noticed this right away. Thanks again for taking the time to look at my one-page website
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

boilermaker73 wrote:
Wayan,
Thank you. I really do appreciate the feedback along with the suggestions pertaining to mobile device usage. Just what I was looking for as I really have no one else other than average computer users consisting of family and friends to solicit feedback. As I already had reservations about the 'I' and 'We' inconsistency, I now fully realize that I need to address this as you apparently noticed this right away. Thanks again for taking the time to look at my one-page website

You are very welcome.

I also need consult others regarding stuff, I have an ability gained over the years to sort of detach myself and view things as an outsider, but this becomes more difficult when one has been working on a project for some time, a/ because one starts to not see the wood for the trees so to speak, and B/ because you have written & know the content it becomes a bit difficult again to stop oneself from scanning whats there, and looking at things as if one was a visitor.

I have a small team of people I use & trained to look at these things for me, costs me a couple of beers for each of us (+ flight ticket for me now that I live In Java not Bali :D )whenever we meet up to discuss things but it's worth it, they have a variety of machines & phones so we get a good picture across all sorts of devices, problem is that the team keeps dwindling in size due to some leaving this mortal coil.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2361117 Photo

115 posts

Hey Wayan,

Understood but on the other hand, while it may be somewhat difficult to separate yourself from the typical website visitor due to your familiarity with writing content, you also have the distinct advantage in being able to better scrutinize a website given your knowledge base which I believe to be a plus for someone like myself on the receiving end who isn't your average computer user. Also, no matter how hard you try to separate the two, I think it's always going to be difficult whenever you're attempting to be both the teacher and the student so to speak. Don't want to overthink this, just my 2-cents worth. On another note, I have since addressed the minor nuances regarding the 'I' and 'We'. As for the 'red' scroll back button, admittedly I wasn't really aware of this given the majority of the time has been spent viewing and working on the site using my laptop. After taking a hard look at this on my mobile device, I agree that the red button is indeed intrusive and in light of your comments, the button serves no purpose whatsoever whereby I'm inclined to simply get rid of it. As for the crammed text that appears to be squished at the top, I'm contemplating getting rid of the uppermost text 'Technical SEO & More...' since it really doesn't appear to be necessary. All considered, your suggestions also tell me that I need to pay as much if not more attention to mobile devices when working on any website for that matter. Part of the problem is that unlike most I can readily do without the phone for hours at a time in which event I have no problem leaving my phone at home or in my car when going out to eat at a restaurant or visiting family and friends. Thanks again for your help.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

boilermaker73 wrote:
Hey Wayan,

Understood but on the other hand, while it may be somewhat difficult to separate yourself from the typical website visitor due to your familiarity with writing content, you also have the distinct advantage in being able to better scrutinize a website given your knowledge base which I believe to be a plus for someone like myself on the receiving end who isn't your average computer user. Also, no matter how hard you try to separate the two, I think it's always going to be difficult whenever you're attempting to be both the teacher and the student so to speak. Don't want to overthink this, just my 2-cents worth. On another note, I have since addressed the minor nuances regarding the 'I' and 'We'. As for the 'red' scroll back button, admittedly I wasn't really aware of this given the majority of the time has been spent viewing and working on the site using my laptop. After taking a hard look at this on my mobile device, I agree that the red button is indeed intrusive and in light of your comments, the button serves no purpose whatsoever whereby I'm inclined to simply get rid of it. As for the crammed text that appears to be squished at the top, I'm contemplating getting rid of the uppermost text 'Technical SEO & More...' since it really doesn't appear to be necessary. All considered, your suggestions also tell me that I need to pay as much if not more attention to mobile devices when working on any website for that matter. Part of the problem is that unlike most I can readily do without the phone for hours at a time in which event I have no problem leaving my phone at home or in my car when going out to eat at a restaurant or visiting family and friends. Thanks again for your help.

You don't need to get rid of that button because its ok for laptop/desktops

so you just need to select the button or container holding it if there is one and give it an ADDITIONAL CLASS NAME = show-for-medium-only

that way it hides for mobile phones and shows for most laptops, and all desktop monitors
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Forget my suggestion about adding a class name to that scroll button thingy, I just realised you used a bootstrap template with html editor, I don't think that class name won't work with bootstrap but not using bootstrap I am not sure, maybe there is an equivalent or maybe some custom CSS would do it.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2361117 Photo

115 posts

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the scroll button. Makes total sense to enable for use in desktops/laptops only. Will check out what I need to do code-wise in bootstrap to make this work.
User 2361117 Photo

115 posts

Wayan,
One final question if I may regarding enabling/disabling the red arrow scroll button. To begin, you are correct in that your initial suggestion for adding 'class name = show-for-medium-only' does not appear to work in bootstrap 4.5. Upon further trial and error, I tried adding class="d-none" (should act to hide the button on all devices as instructed by bootstrap 4.5) to the existing line of code serving the button on my HTML page as follows:
<a href="#" class="back-to-top"><i class="ri-arrow-up-line" class="d-none"></i></a>
If interested, the information I used regarding the bootstrap 4.5 display property can be reviewed at:
https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.5/utilities/display/
Any suggestions you may have regarding the solution to this subject matter is most appreciated.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.