Javascript Question - Post ID 24213

User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

I want to be able to have an image change automatically on one of my sites on a weekly basis (or even daily, not sure yet). Now I know how to call data (text) that is stored on one page and have it put on another automatically, but I am not so sure about how to do it with images as they will all be held on their own page. Hope that made sense.

If anybody has any suggestions that would be great. I have looked on the usual sites, but no avail. So if anybody out there is any good at Javascript, or knows of another way that I could achieve this, I would appreciate your feedback.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Not sure if you meant the background image, or if that code works for background images, but this one seems to do that:
http://www.wswise.com/index.php?sectionid=113

Of course, I haven't tried these myself. I just ran it by my good friend, Google. :P Now that you mentioned editing typos in another post, I had to do it myself. ;)
User 160944 Photo

143 posts

Mark if you use CC HTML editor go to the Javascripts tag and under images there are a couple of them there - random background, random image load and more. This would be the easiest route! Kim
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Guys

Thank you both. You know, Javascript is one thing that I always seem to have difficulty with. So thank you both very much indeed.

Adam, I knew that it was typo errors - just never see them till it is to late.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

OK - Have now implemented the stuff. All is working just fine.
Mark Loves CoffeeCup

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.