HTML Editor with Visual Editor?? -...

User 167542 Photo

25 posts

I haven't been on here in a few years so I'm not sure if this is something that's been discussed or not, so here goes...

I purchased the HTML Editor with the Visual Editor a few years ago and was having problems with the HTML changing when I use the visual editor, so I stopped using it because I'm not familiar with html. I came to download the program again because I have a new computer but I don't see the visual editor on it anymore. Does the updated html editor not have the visual editor in it anymore?

I haven't used the program in over 5 or 6 years so I'm really clueless right now. Thanks in advance for your help and understanding!

Veronica
User 92156 Photo

272 posts

Hi Veronica I see you're still on line - I'll tell you all I know (there wasn't that quick) - I don't use the visual editor only the code editor and won't be firing up v12 until later this evening, but apparently the visual editor tab is hidden by default.
I think you have to select it from the preferences dialogue (select the 'general' tab).
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Veronica, you are not supposed to use both the code mode and the visual mode. Choose one of them and stick with it. If you go back and forth between them, your code will be messed up. That's how the software was created.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2085349 Photo

2 posts

I'm having the same issue as Veronica.
The two answer she received (and I was hoping would be the answer to the problem) are useless.
If you're going to answer a question, please respond only if you know the ANSWER...please withhold your miscellaneous advice.
I'm wasting a ton of precious time wading through these type of useless answers and off-topic "non-answers"...frustrating. If you'd like to spout random advice, please do it somewhere else...not where people need SPECIFIC answers. Sorry for the rant, but I've wasted enough time with these type of frustrating answers.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

If you're having this issue, then you're not on the most up to date version of the program as this visual tab has been completely removed from the program as of many months ago already. If you're having this issue then you'll have this issue indefinitely as the visual tab is not supported any longer.

That's 2 strikes you're attitude has cost you with people wanting to bother helping you out and making "us" again waste our time. When you start out 2 posts as your very first posts and all you do is condemn old posts (the last one almost 2 years old and this one just short of 1 year old) you don't do much to make anyone want to help you nor even answer you.

Other than that you're on your own if you're using the old version of the software. We're on version 12.7 already and the visual tab has been gone since 12.5 was released. Good luck with it. Best bet is to change to VSD if you need to use a visual editor.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Best bet is to change to VSD if you need to use a visual editor.

Just bacause you don't use it JoAnn ;) someone's making you :mad:
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

hehe nah I'll never convert! You can't make me, you can't make me! hahaha :P But I do know that a lot of people do love it and use it and find it to be one of the better visual editors out there, so yep I promote it when it's needed :)
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
But I do know that a lot of people do love it and use it and find it to be one of the better visual editors out there, so yep I promote it when it's needed :)

A little off topic, but what the heck, i don't do code, won't do code, can't do code, Eric isn't going to get his own way and convert me to code, i am a WYSIWYG man and proud of it :D so if its VSD ya need help with I'm yer man :P, I am off on holiday now for 3 months , see ya soon :)
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I find the HTML Editor and Visual Site Designer go together like Peaches and Cream. Use VSD for the Display, Banners, Fancy text. Load the html file into the editor and add the bits you could in html boxes but better done in a program it is designed for.
To me it is what a viewer sees that is what is important. I can understand being compliant with convention and that is fine but spectacular wins me hands down.

Sometimes the Form builder is overkill and in those cases the built in form creation snippets in the Editor is a treat to use. It is now my main php IDE especially once getting local host to be the browser.

There again I do not have customers to satisfy so convention is not in my thoughts. I understand where you are coming from Viv. VSD can produce any type of site. Hmm! soon even a CMS one ;)
The Guy from OZ

User 104702 Photo

293 posts

VSD can produce any type of site. Hmm! soon even a CMS one ;)

Soon even a CMS one? Tell me more!
John van Hulst

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.