How do i make the html for a...

User 463753 Photo

Trial User
11 posts

Ok i will shrink the size, thank you.
Ok thankyou, but i still dont understand you: 2. By working in the Visual Mode in HTML Editor 2008, the visual mode is writing your code for you and you can see what it has done by looking on the HTML Tab. You don't copy/paste any html code. The code you see in the HTML Tab is the code that the VISUAL Mode wrote as your inserted your picture and text.

Once you get comfortable with coding, you then hand code to add what the Visual mode does for you. But there is no need for copy/pasting.

If this is what i should be doing then how am i suposedto get the html from the html tab into the page on my wesite?
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

djsnafu

Hi there feller Tell you what. If you send a sketch of the layout you want plus the picture you want inserted to terry@inkmon.org and I will put it in a simple html file for you to study.

This is what I know Basic html editors use the standard html coding but when you use Visual Web Site Builders to put object exactly in the position you want the Absolute positioning is required.

My actual favourite is the 3 column table with two rows.

Th top left can have a logo same as the top right. The top middle can have a nice banner.
2nd Row
Left can be the links. Middle the meat and if you insert a image you can size and center it. The right can hold your Adsence adds

I must admit the visual site designers are easy to use but a simple site with a table is easier to modify the html for.

As you seem uncertain as to how to code in HTML I think you should give the visual side a rest for a while and try some simple pages that you can view on your computer. It is in your interest to see how the process works.

So if you want me to put your picture in a page just use the address above.

We all have our problems when we start. By doing this yourself it makes it easier.

You should re read the replys they have all the advice in those posts.

Remember its not the answer thats important, its how you phrase the question.

Much like surfing Internet not Sea.

I surfed at Bondi some 40 years ago even got to stand on the board. not for long though I wiped out many times.
The Guy from OZ

User 11165 Photo

4,316 posts

djsnafu wrote:
If this is what i should be doing then how am i suposedto get the html from the html tab into the page on my wesite?

I have been away from my computer for a period and could not answer your reply.

To publish your pages that you have created:
1. You need to purchase a domain name.
2. You need a hosting server to host your web site:
Have you signed up for a hosting server?
Such as
http://www.lunarpages.com/
http://www.bluedomino.com/
http://www.godaddy.com/
There are many hosting companies.
3. You will upload your files to your domain through an FTP software. HTML Editor has a FREE FTP built right into the software. Your server will give you the necessary information to configure your settings for the upload access. Also, CoffeeCup has Direct FTP that you can download a Trial Version for 30 days.
Darce Jean

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.