Favicon question - Post ID 287192

User 2765857 Photo


Registered User
605 posts

Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone has made their own favicom.ico if so must a favicon generator be used OR can one be made without the favicon generator? I know it should be file extension as .ico but is there another way like using a .png or .gif instead??
Thanks
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
2,564 posts

Ray wrote:
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone has made their own favicom.ico if so must a favicon generator be used OR can one be made without the favicon generator? I know it should be file extension as .ico but is there another way like using a .png or .gif instead??
Thanks
Ray


You can use any ,png, jpg, gif with SDv3 favicon thingy just keep it to around 100px x 100px

mind you not sure it works on apple stuff
The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
User 2765857 Photo


Registered User
605 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Ray wrote:
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone has made their own favicom.ico if so must a favicon generator be used OR can one be made without the favicon generator? I know it should be file extension as .ico but is there another way like using a .png or .gif instead??
Thanks
Ray


You can use any ,png, jpg, gif with SDv3 favicon thingy just keep it to around 100px x 100px


SdV3 has a favicon thingy will have to check it out. Thanks Wayan I appreciate you letting me know.
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
2,564 posts

Ray wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
Ray wrote:
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone has made their own favicom.ico if so must a favicon generator be used OR can one be made without the favicon generator? I know it should be file extension as .ico but is there another way like using a .png or .gif instead??
Thanks
Ray


You can use any ,png, jpg, gif with SDv3 favicon thingy just keep it to around 100px x 100px


SdV3 has a favicon thingy will have to check it out. Thanks Wayan I appreciate you letting me know.


Structure Data
Page Manager

4th thingy down

Use Global to get it on the hundreds & thousands of pages for those delic chocolate bar cookies all wrapped in a fantabidozi custom made wrapper
The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
User 2765857 Photo


Registered User
605 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Ray wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
Ray wrote:
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone has made their own favicom.ico if so must a favicon generator be used OR can one be made without the favicon generator? I know it should be file extension as .ico but is there another way like using a .png or .gif instead??
Thanks
Ray


You can use any ,png, jpg, gif with SDv3 favicon thingy just keep it to around 100px x 100px


SdV3 has a favicon thingy will have to check it out. Thanks Wayan I appreciate you letting me know.


Structure Data
Page Manager

4th thingy down

Use Global to get it on the hundreds & thousands of pages for those delic chocolate bar cookies all wrapped in a fantabidozi custom made wrapper

:D Will check it out tomorrow, going to have a delic bar now you got me hungry :)
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
2,564 posts

By the way my email has packed in can't fix it without a re-build which I can't do for a couple of days
The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
User 2765857 Photo


Registered User
605 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
By the way my email has packed in can't fix it without a re-build which I can't do for a couple of days

Thanks for letting me know I was wondering what happened. Hope you get it fixed soon was it hacked???
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
2,564 posts

Ray wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
By the way my email has packed in can't fix it without a re-build which I can't do for a couple of days

Thanks for letting me know I was wondering what happened. Hope you get it fixed soon was it hacked???


No It just opens with a blank page completely snowed out. have tried everything I know to fix it
The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
User 2765857 Photo


Registered User
605 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Ray wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
By the way my email has packed in can't fix it without a re-build which I can't do for a couple of days

Thanks for letting me know I was wondering what happened. Hope you get it fixed soon was it hacked???


No It just opens with a blank page completely snowed out. have tried everything I know to fix it

Hopefully "G" designer will help you get it fixed.
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 122279 Photo


Senior Advisor
12,676 posts
Online Now

Which email programme are you using, Wayan?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: https://eikweb.com/horgenhonning/
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: https://eikweb.com/sharing/



Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.