Error message when uploading - Post...

User 1938587 Photo

9 posts

Does anyone have trouble uploading their VSD site? I sometimes have to try 10, 15 times before the whole site goes up... it does it so often, I may have to switch to another software package.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hello Holly,

Are you using the most current version of the program? If so, I would suggest you put in a support ticket and see if the team can help figure out what may be causing this issue. They can help you find out if it's the program or the server you have you site on causing the issues and that alone can help a lot.

If you're not using the newest version I would suggest you update your program and then let us know what's happening :)
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Also turn off or pause any virus protection whilst you upload and choose "passive mode".
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 1938587 Photo

9 posts

I am running the most recent version - I did pause my virus protection but still error messages agh!
I did put in a ticket, hopefully someone can help me soon.
Thanks for the suggestions!
Holly
User 373435 Photo

114 posts

Holly,

I got an error while uploading too...I submitted a ticket & this is what they told me...

....The "error occurred during uploading" message can be caused by several different things, but they all boil down to an interruption during the transfer process. First, make sure you've disabled all firewall applications on your system. Firewalls can block both outbound and inbound traffic. Next, try switching to the Passive Mode setting under Settings > FTP Settings > Advanced. Some servers will only allow connections and/or transfers if the FTP client is connected in a specific mode.

If you're still having problems after this, contact your host provider and ask them if there is a global timeout function that may be disconnecting the FTP client. If so, see if the host administrators can increase the timeout function to allow Visual Site Designer more time to upload.

I haven't had any problems since...I just jinxed myself, but I think it may have to do with the "Passive Mode" settings..

Hope this works for you.

Robin
User 2153776 Photo

4 posts

Hi,
I wish I had read these posts before I purchased this software. I wanted a new look to my website so I unloaded it and bought this one, I have been unable to load this site from the start I have put in numerous tickets and asked to do exactly the same thing mentioned above but still cannot get the site to upload. My website has been down for 2 weeks now, I did a lot of work to get all my products on this software. I'll have to put my old wesite back on and get a refund
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

ken ominiabohs wrote:

Hi,
I wish I had read these posts before I purchased this software. I wanted a new look to my website so I unloaded it and bought this one, I have been unable to load this site from the start I have put in numerous tickets and asked to do exactly the same thing mentioned above but still cannot get the site to upload. My website has been down for 2 weeks now, I did a lot of work to get all my products on this software. I'll have to put my old wesite back on and get a refund

Ken have you asked your question under a relevant thread, ie Visual site designer or HTML editor or CART creator

Weekends there are not so many people around, here in forums or support

If its VSD or CART creator i may be able to help, but i don't do code so am of no use for HTML editor

And if its VSD or cart creator i can even talk you through on skype if that helps

CC are most helpfull and i am a little surprised you have got to this stage, give us a chance, it will get sorted
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.